Sweet Cinnamon Long stay
$64
  • Pool
$90
$60
Nature Walk Resort(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$45
  • Restaurant
$79
$62
Priceline
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$34
$31
Agoda.com
All reviewscarrot cakeset in beautiful gardensquiet haventuk tukflower petalsbig gardensri lankaon arrivalfour poster bedboutique hoteltea and coffee making facilitiesthe ownerold colonialevery morninga wonderful place to staybotanical gardenstwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed for two nights in this place in March.
It is not a typical hotel, but more of a family run place.
But that was not a problem since the room was nice and large and the staff was very friendly. Also we would highly recommend the food in this place - the breakfast and dinners we had were very fresh and tasted exactly like home cooked.
One negative is that the gardens have not been landscaped and there is no place to sit around - so while they have a lot of space, it felt a bit like being in the wild.
But net net i would give it 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 1976indian
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed in Feb 2014 and will definitely return next time I am in Kandy. The service is incredible, the staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are clean, spacious and well presented. The area is very quiet. The food is delicious and generous. Fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Nick R
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After staying here for two nights at the beginning of February I have to say that I cannot understand the glowing reviews it gets on TripAdvisor. The owner and his wife were away at the time of our stay but I do not think that this should be used as an excuse for what I thought was a very unsatisfactory stay.
On the positive side, Sweet cinnamon is a very nice guesthouse with clean and comfortable rooms. Also, it is in a quiet and peaceful location away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Kandy.
However,
1. Contrary to what it says on the Booking.com web page, Sweet Cinnamon does not have a restaurant. They serve dinner on request.
2. The dinner we ordered was very poor and over priced. We were not offered any choice and got a very basic one course meal of curry and rice for which we were charged $10 per person. I asked if there was any dessert and was told that they only had ice cream - for which I was charged an extra $3 I was charged a further $2 for a cup of tea. That come to nearly 2,000 Sri Lankan Rupees which made it both the most expensive and the worst meal I had throughout my 2 weeks in Sri Lanka!
3.For Breakfast we got cold waffles, cold fried egg and cold fried sausages. It was the worst breakfast we had during our stay in Sri Lanka
4. The accommodation Sweet cinnamon suggested for our driver was awful. (He told us that the place rented rooms by the hour!)
4. The staff could speak hardly any English
5.Rooms were only made up 'on request'
6.Before travelling I received confirmation that I could settle my bill by MasterCard. However, on the morning of my departure, I was told that I had to pay in cash. The result was that I had to make an unscheduled trip into Kandy to find an ATM.

7.We paid $105 a night for a room in Sweet Cinnamon which made it the most expensive of the four guesthouses we stayed at during our 2 week stay. Overall,it was the worst and I think it was very overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wilfred C
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We recently stayed at Sweet Cinnamon for 3 nights and really fell in love with the place. We arrived early after a long flight and train ride to be greeted with a very welcome cup of tea and fabulous carrot cake. Our room was made available immediately and it was heaven! So thoughtfully laid out with flower petals on the four poster bed and a huge dressing area and bathroom. All little touches such as toothbrushes , toothpaste and razors provided. The seating area outside was perfect and just so relaxing set beside their well maintained garden. We were shown the source garden including cinnamon, spices, pepper and all the fruit trees. The Botannical Gardens were lovely with quite a few shady paths, well maintained and hundreds of very noisy fruit bats in the trees. Only 300 LkR tuktuk ride. We also visited the War Cemetry and were given an excellent tour there by the head gardener who knew so much about every one of the graves. Very interesting and he told some very funny stories too. The Temple of the Tooth was well worth the visit straight after the Kandyan dancing which takes place at 5pm. We also visited the Tea Museum. We had dinner at Sweet Cinnamon on two of the evenings and both meals were delicious. Breakfasts were huge but we particularly liked the Sri Lankan breakfast that they cooked upon request. This was the first stop on our mini tour of Sri Lanka and I think we will definitely find it hard to beat all round.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

at First we have to say we arrived 2 days earlier as we booked. Priyan & Chalani gave us a warm welcome and it was no Problem to move into our rooms. at First we had Great Cup of Tea and the best Carrot Cake ever!
all of the them tried to do their best for us and they did. they gave us a Lot of suggestions what to do in kandy. summarized we had 3 Perfect days here. it was like holidays by good Friends at home.

we Wish you all the best for the Future and thank's for everthing. if i ever come back to kandy i will definitely spent my Time at sweet cinnamon

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends