“Truly disappointing”

Ranked #15 of 150 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: Asian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: A Traditional hotel which offers variety of foods with a unique taste.
Pretoria, South Africa
“Truly disappointing”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Do not sit in this restaurant to eat! Was really poorly presented, the staff were sullen at best and the food was completely lacking in flavour and ingredients. We didn't try the street food/short eats, however I can't imagine them being great.

2 Thank J-Rudd123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Not impressed ”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Not particularly impressed despite the reviews. Food was cold. Portions were small and on the bone whether it's chicken or fish (I think this is Asia in general)

We were only charged for the starters we ate. Nice gesture but I didn't envy the customers who had our leftovers.

As we didn't have any stomach problems afterwards, hygiene must be OK.

1 Thank Lun K
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice and cheap”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

No, this place is not a hotel, but a quite a big restaurant. Highly recommended for a quick breakfast or lunch. Try a kotthu with crisp chicken and spicy gravy, a lime juice and a cup of tea. Take it easy, it won't ruin your holiday budget!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Unhygienic & below the approved restaurant standards”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the 20th December 2013 (Friday) @ 10.00 hrs after traveling from Colombo with my family. The restaurant is by the side of the road near the clock tower & has no shied from the dust & fumes outside. The short eats were brought by a scantily dressed man who had soiled hands & was touching the eats with his bare hands. His nails were not cut & had dirt underneath them. This was shown to me by my daughters. The floor was littered with pieces of paper which is offered to customers to wipe their hands after a meal. As I usually do, I had a sneak peak at the kitchen & was stunned to see the state it was in. I wonder where the public health inspectors are ? As it was not hygienic I decided to go elsewhere. I did not dare try the food.

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Harsha P
Pretoria
“Keep your eyes closed and eat”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Okay this place looks really dirty. I convinced myself that the kitchen must be clean. This place is BUSY! And with reason. The food is the best to tasty you will get in the whole of Kandy. To top it all-Its dirt cheap too! Try the fried cheese paratha!