“Local experience”

Ranked #18 of 174 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: Asian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: A Traditional hotel which offers variety of foods with a unique taste.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Big menu full of local choices, lots of different roti's and snacks, as well as curries. The second floor lacks atmosphere so try to get a seat downstairs between the locals (we were told to go up..). Good tasty food, very cheap!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

we came across this hotel while we were walking around the city.. we were tired to walk more.. so my friends said no matter how the place is we will have dinner and go.. because we were that hungry.. we ordered chicken kotthu.. and my other friens orderd chicken fried rice.. so then we were waiting for like 15mins and the food came.. it look delious surprisingly the food was tasty.. its nice to have these kind of places which is clean, affordable, tasty

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It looks a little intimidating & I'm not sure that cleanliness is a priority, there is no westerners or women issues apparent & the very cheap food was well above my expectations. If not service with a smile, our waiter was very helpful & the freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious. Be brave, walk in & you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had an early dinner here; the food was excellent nothing fancy about the place just good cooked food. Plenty of locals eating there and a few tourists. I was engrossed watching the guy cook my food just amazing and so tasty. The employees are very friendly and the cook didn't mind me taking his photo after I asked him, I've added it. It is a must to try good Sri Lanka cuisine. It was so cheap to eat here, the price of a beer at a hotel fed the three of us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was great there. For me all Lankan food tasted the same, except here. It's somehow lankan, but with muslim taste. Excellent service - very helpful people, smiling, very good food and the best milk tea. And reasonable prices - like for locals, not for tourists (what is very common in Kandy).