“Thank you CJ”

Jayamali Batiks Studio
Ranked #1 of 37 Shopping in Kandy
More attraction details
Owner description: Some Guides and Drivers could try to recommend you another batik shop by saying that my shop is closed today or difficult to find, etc;. Please do not believe such people. Please call me or use Google map to find my store easily. My shop is situated inside the Kandy Central Market which is opposite the Kandy Clock Tower and it is not difficult to find as it is a well known local market in Kandy. The shop is open from 9.00am to 6.00pm every day. In case if the shop is closed, please call me or get a free call from the shop which is next to mine as it is a pleasure to open my store for you within next 20 minutes. Jayamali Batiks Studio, one of the most famous batik studios in Kandy, was founded in 1979 by Jayakody. He discovered his talent to create unique batik wall hangings and started the business with very few means at his home as a family business. His unique style of designing modern, artistic and unusual designs to a very high quality fascinated the foreign guests who visited his studio.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visit Jamayli Batiks last year with my family and we bought 2 beautiful batiks. When we came back to Italy I decided to order to Cj a very big tree of life to make a present for Christmas to my husband. Cj asked me the exact mesurement I would like and he startef his beautiful work. The present has arrived in time and when I have opened the package I was very surprise: the batik was great. My husband had his christmas present in time and I have to thank you Cj because my husband have recived a very special present. We hanged the batik on the big wardrobe we have in our bedroom and the result is great.
It was very easy and very safe asked to Cj to make a new batik for us. Cj was very patient with me and absolutly precise with the mesurement of my wardrobe.
I'm very satisfyte of the result.
I think Cj is an artist and a very nice person.
Anna Italy

There are newer reviews for Jayamali Batiks Studio

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The batiks are just great, the owner is wonderfull, we spent 5 hours with him he showned us everything we had to know about batiks and had an amazing discussion about bouddhisme. It is THE place you have to go in Kandy if you want to buy good quality batiks and if you want to know more about sri lankan people and religion. (As he said, bouddhisme is not a religion but a way of life and karma) Go by yourself, no guide or false guide just you and you will spend a pleasant and great afternoon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We've just spent 3 hours in the shop talking with The owner of the store is very patience and you can see that is love what is he doing. We ended up having an 3 hours conversation about several topics, including his family history and Buddhism. He was never pushy, and he provides the best quality-price batik of Kandy. We went to see other shops and factories but we ended up buying 2 batiks today in his shop and we definitely not regretted. If you spend enough time there he might even convince you to stop smoking :).
Keep up the beautiful work and all the best for the future

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Found this shop whilst wondering around and was taken by the beautiful batiks. We spent lots of time looking at all the pictures before choosing one to purchase, it was a hard choice as there are so many great ones. We were given lots of information about how they are made which was very interesting and great to see the local tradition done so well.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stumbled upon this shop by chance and were so pleased that we did!
The batik here is of a far superior quality to other batik places that we visited. It was lovely to see original art work and well executed printing having practised some batik myself in the past.
Cj was very friendly, helpful and informative and he really knew what he was talking about and was very patient with our indecision over which batiks to buy as there were so many to chose from it took us a while!
I couldn't recommend this shop or service enough. We now have four beautiful batik pieces to remind us of our trip to Sri Lanka