Hotel Amanda Hills
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
OZO Kandy Sri Lanka(Kandy)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop restauranttuk tukbeautiful view of the cityhotel location ismini fridgeliving areano lifttooth templetea coffeeclean roomstop floorhilllakebalconymonkeyssri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at Amanda Hills in Kandy during our recent visit to Sril Lanka.

After our driver had to ask where the hotel was, and driving up a very narrow street with only enough room for one car we arrived at the hotel.

It was a multi story hotel with a good view. The room was quite nice and had just recently been renovated with renovations still happening with the other rooms. Each room had a varandah but be careful not to leave the door open if you dont want a visit from the monkeys around the area.

The owner was quite nice and provided information on places to eat.

Although we had a driver, taking a tuk tuk to the city centre would have been cheap as it is not far away.

If your looking for somewhere close to the city then this place is reasonabley priced. The only problem we had was on departure day when the power to the area was cut off which meant paying by cash was the only option.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
amandahillskandy, Manager at Hotel Amanda Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Valve Guset,

I Highly appreciate your recommendation

Wish you all the very best.

With Kind regards

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas period, from the 23rd till the 27th of Decemeber and we were not disappointed! Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable with a wonderful view of the surrounding hills. Jude and his team were EXTREMELY hospitable!!! Jude always went above and beyond expectations for his guests. One time, I heard a guest ask for some wine, and because it was Christmas, Jude had run out so he asked the guest what kind of wine they would like and he would personally go and find some for the guest! I was in awe. I thought that was such great service. Jude also organised a fabulous tour for us with an excellent driver. For Christmas, we had a live band who sang calypso songs. Jude also picked up a lovely cake with Merry Christmas inscribed on it - a lovely touch!

The food was GREAT!! I recommend you rise early so breakfast doesn't get cold. The evening buffet at $5 a head was a bargain and was the best value for food we found in Sri Lanka. We never had to leave the guest house for dinner because it was right there, very tasty!!!!

I would recommend this place to anyone! The sheer hospitality of Jude and his staff are worth it!

Next time we come to Kandy, we'll be staying here :-)

Room Tip: The front rooms have the best and probably only view. The back and side rooms looked a bit dark, but still good value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valved Guest,

This is what my Vision to give my guest thee best out of all in all to keep you feel as Home away Home.

I highly appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you very much and visit us again on your next trip to the Peal of Indian Ocean.

Wish you and your loved once all the very best.

With Kind Regards,

Manager

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed 1night sat 24th nov 2012, when doing a tour, my room was comfortable with a/c and brilliant view, also added fun of watching the monkeys around and about. I wasn,t sure what time i.d return from the Kandyan dancing show and temple of the tooth but the chef said it wasn,t a problem and he asked what i,d like to eat and i told him vegetarian he asked how i liked my food hot or medium and said he would prepare something special, and it was i had a large platter of rice surrounded by 4 different types of curry and some popadoms and chutney it was beautiful i realy enjoyed it. Both he and the other guys that worked there ( sorry cant remember names) were so helpful and friendly the chef previously worked in the maldives and found time to have a chat. I had a good nights sleep had breakfast and as another reviewer mentioned there was so much i didnt need lunch that day. omlette and a tasty smoothie, fresh fruit followed by pancakes then toast which i just could not fit in and coffee. I deffinatley reccomend this hotel you wont be dissapointed .

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with shared balconey but brilliant views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valve Guest,

Thank you very much for your recommendation on Trip adviser.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Everything we wanted and more! Very warm welcome by Jude (Mgr) and his great team of staff, rooms clean, comfortable and with very quite ceiling fans. (You don't need aircon here!) the real bonus was a standard of food that outperformed everywhere else. The Sharon Hotel next door is rated as the best food in Kandy in The Rough Guide book but Amanda Hills is better! Better quality, better taste and great table service. You can even get a bottle of good quality Sicilian wine cheaper than in just about any UK restaurants. Nothing is too much trouble for Jude; he can arrange transport, days out and tickets to local attractions (eg cultural dancing) His staff are obviously well trained by him and highly motivated to please guests. We really enjoyed our 3 nights here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Amanda Hills to anyone searching for a comfortable, clean, helpful, relaxing and value for money hotel overlooking Kandy Lake.

Room Tip: Rely on Jude to allocate the best room available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
amandahillskandy, Manager at Hotel Amanda Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Valve Guest,

Thank you very much for your High Recommendation on your visit to Amanda Hills Kandy, Its my ( Vision ) responsibility to welcome, treat, look after for the best of your satisfaction and keep them on a home away home.

Wish you all the very best,

With my warm regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The rooms were comfortable and clean but not air conditioned. In saying this, it wasn't required because Kandy can get quite cool at night. At Jude's (Manager/Owner) insistence, we stayed in for dinner and we were not disappointed. Breakfast was the same with course after course of Sri Lankan and western dishes. Filling up on this breakfast meant we never had to eat lunch. Their food really is top notch! The hotel is located at the top of the hill but with the price of a Tuk Tuk, it is cheap and easy to reach. Jude's offsider was polite and obliging. Overall I could thoroughly recommend this hotel. It's great value for the price.

Room Tip: "Have a rice and curry for dinner, you won't be disappointed,"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
amandahillskandy, Manager at Hotel Amanda Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Valve Guest,

Thank you very much for the review I highly appreciate.

With kind regards