“original family experience in Kandy - very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madugalle Friendly Family Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kandy
Madugalle Friendly Family Guest House
Ranked #10 of 357 Kandy B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“original family experience in Kandy - very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were lucky enough to find one of the most beautiful and original guesthouses since we travel the world. It is not yet recommended in Lonely Planet because is newly opened, but in their next book I hope it will be. This place is simply amazing, as you enter into the family atmosphere and the guests are taking care of all your needs.
It is owned by very welcoming and very friendly family and they do magic in the kitchen.
The rooms are very clean, the bathrooms the same. You have an open terrace in front of the rooms and a spacious and traditional living room.
I totally recommend this guest house- it was a real surprise for us after checking other rooms in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
9 Thank Valentin25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at Mr & Mrs Madugalle's home in August 2011. It was the most interesting, homely and memorable place we stayed in during my 4 week tour around the beautiful country.

Kumari Madugalle and her husband looked after me fantastically well. I stayed for 3 nights. Mr and Mrs Madugalle picked us up from the bus station, made us lunch upon arrival at their beautiful house in a convenient location in the city.

The room was a good size, mosquito proof, and clean.

Each night they cooked the most amazing traditional Sri Lankan food for me. I could have what we wanted and they even got in beer for me to relax with. During and after dinner, I talked with the Madugalle's. This allowed me a perfect insight into Sri Lankan life and is an experience I remember fondly and will not forget.

If you're looking for a real Sri Lankan experience with homely hospitality, I would certainly recommend a stay with Mr and Mrs Madugalle.

Nick