“traditional”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“traditional”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

suposedly traditional, but at times it looked like magic or possesed people, but well worth it the entertainment. of course fire eating and fire walking is not to be tried at home...

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend some free time”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

If you are interested in traditional music and dance I would recommend this performance. They perform several different dances. You get a list of them and a short explanation at the entrance so you get the idea about their meaning. At the end of the show you can also see a fire walk.
There are several different places that offer this shows. We watched the show at the Red Cross Hall next to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic as suggested by our homestay owner. Tickets are about 500Rs. The show starts at 5 p.m and lasts about an hour.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Very entertaining”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was very sceptical about this show, and only went because our driver really pushed it on us, but it was fantastic. Really entertaining, short dances give you a quick glimpse of Kandyan arts. There is acrobatics, fire walking and fire works, all packed into about half an hour.

Visited July 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“20 minutes of my life I won't get back”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I knew it was not my thing before I went, but went along with friends anyway. When playing music or listening to it, most people smile because they are enjoying it. These performers seemed to hate everything about what they were doing - they looked desperately bored in fact! Luckily for me, my friends did as well and we left after about 20 minutes!

Better doing something else in Kandy! Don't waste your time... If you do, bring earplugs. All they do is bang drums for the duration.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fire walk”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

its been over 35 years returning back to the country of my birth and enjoying this typical traditional dance performance that i enjoyed as a child. The fire eating and fire walking was something like magic when I was a kid, watchinhg this brought back great pleasant merories.

Visited August 2014