“Refreshing experience”

and 1 more site!
Royal Tourist Lodge
Ranked #37 of 385 Specialty Lodging in Kandy
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at this place one night on our recent tour of Sri Lanka. We had booked the triple room which was large and clean. Our daughter enjoyed the mosquito netting around her bed, and used it though there weren't really any mosquitoes! We were looked after very well by the owners daughter, We had a fortifying breakfast and some great conversation too!
The Lodge is not too far from town, but with kids in tow it is not really in walking distance either. The Lodge gardens are beautiful, and looked even better in the cool though slightly wet weather. The only feedback we have for the owners is that the water in the shower was lukewarm at best and had to be coaxed out of the showerhead! Would stay here again if we were passing through.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Razik, Owner at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Happy to note you liked my place and enjoyed your stay with your daughter & wife.I am happy to note my daughter looked after you well during my absence.While thanking you for your lovely review. I welcome your suggestion which will be attended to.
Razik

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My two daughters and I stayed at your hotel three nights, From May 21 to may 24. Your daughter was runningen the hotel these days. We had a wonderful stay, and your daughter made us lovely dinner, the best dinner during our roundtrip in Sri Lanka. And she was so helpful with everything. I can indeed recommend this hotel and If I come backI will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Razik, Owner at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I am happy to note you enjoyed your stay at my place and my daughter attended to all your requirements and made you and your daughters comfortable.I heard from my daughter that you and your daughters were adorable person.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

When I stayed at the Royal Tourist Lodge, I arrived very late at night and had a bit of trouble finding the hotel. Nonetheless, the staff were very helpful and welcoming. I asked them lots of questions about Kandy and the area and they were very useful in making suggestions and recommendations- including when I needed help finding tailoring!

The room was clean and spacious, and the hotel itself had a family-feel. Razik and his wife were away during his visit but his daughter was most welcoming and we ended up talking a lot together!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Razik, Owner at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

I thank for your well composed review with lots of praise for my place.I was out of the country during this period but I am happy my daughter looked after you well and made you comfortable except for the fact she was very worried and sought my advice from Abu Dhabi when you failed to turn up one night.Thank you once again.Hope you come again

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My partner and I spent 4 nights (21 april - 25 april 2013) in this lovely family hotel run by Razik and his wife who made us feel at home right away. As we planned to start our 3 weeks journey throughout Sri Lanka in Kandy, we initially booked 2 nights at the Royal Tourist Lodge by sending a simple email from Belgium. Upon arrival at the airport of Colombo Mr.Razik arranged a pick up who brought us straight to his cosy place in the lush surroundings of Kandy.

The spacious rooms are very clean, with excellent silent fans and airco which don't make unexpected terrible noises that wake you up in most other places in the tropics, a fridge that really keeps your drinks cold and a bathroom that provides the necessary watersupplies to take enough showers if needed.

But what striked us most was the outstanding assistance Mr.Razik gave us during our stay...
For some it might sound as being pushy on requiries, but by asking what our plans were, where we wanted to go, what we wanted to see and what regions we intended to visit during the rest of our trip, he gave us so much local information that we altered our agenda according to that.
We've discussed several options of daytrips in Kandy, Mr.Razik took care of all the necessary transports to and from, tickets and guides in such an adapted way that it fully met the way we wanted to travel... We are amateur photographers and we take more time in trekking through nature reserves as "ordinary" tourists because of changing lenses, putting up additional lightsources etc. All those demands were perfectly met by the assistance of guides and drivers throughout our entire stay at the Royal Tourist Lodge, set up by Mr.Razik himself.
Because of it, we extended our stay with 2 more nights so that we could visit the Dambulla Cave temple and the Sigiriya Lion Rock as well and return to this little heaven without having to change hotels.

Another big "thank you" goes to Mr.Raziks wife who prepared some awesome Sri Lankan meals for us and gave us a culinary trip through this exquisite Asian cuisine by preparing rice and curries that stood out in excellence in comparison with other places we've visited later on.

Thank you for a wonderful stay...we loved the warmth you gave us, the local and detailed information about the region and the impressive hospitality you've provided.

Dries & Marion

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Razik, Owner at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

We read with delight your long,thoughtful and well compiled review with much interest and was very happy to note all our advice were taken in good spirit and our efforts to make you two feel at home & comfortable was very successful.
Thanks,
Mr & Mrs Razik

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Royal Tourist Lodge and we were very well looked after by Razik and his wife. The large and comfortable room with A/C was a perfect place to rest, it opened onto the garden and we had our own small terrace where we ate our breakfast, The view from here was spectacular. WE also ate there on both nights and the home cooked Sri Lankan meal was delicious, Their daughter has a cookery website that I will certainly be investigating to try and replicate some of the amazing dishes. www.mumscookery,blogspot.com We were given excellent advice on where to go and tickets for the evening Kandyan dance performance. Razik can also arrange an airport pick up for you. This is the perfect base from which to explore Kandy and the Cultural triangle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Razik, Manager at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you very much and I express my gratitude for all the time taken to post a lovely review and giving first hand information and true picture of my place.I earnestly hope this message reaches you.I hope you will one day revisit my place.
Razik & Nasli

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed in Royal Torist Lodge in winter 2012 during our travel across India and Sri-Lanka. The owner of this hotel - Razik and his family are very friendly and nice persons, their stories and assistance were very helpful and interesting. Even, we came without at night, and returned two times without reservation - Kandy city did not let us go :-) Rooms and everything were great and for a very reasonable price. The view from terrace is really spectacular
Oleg & Marina,
olegsomewere@gmail.com

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Razik, Owner at Royal Tourist Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thanks for your review and happy to note you enjoyed your stay at my place.
Razik

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Me and my two kids stayed at Royal Tourist Lodge almost 1 year ago. I think my children enjoyed the garden more than anything. As for me, my job as a single mother was greatly reduced because of the friendly advise and help I got from the owners. They were kind in pointing out exactly how I could make the trip to the Northern and North Central Provinces more economical and thereby I saved me some time and a lot of frustration.

The room was very clean and had sat TV in addition to Air Conditioning and a Mini Bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family