$132
  • Pool
$137
$124
Priceline
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$49
$42
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$48
$38
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2015

very pleasant atmosphere with very pleasant staff .recommended 100% do not read what you see in the routar or other book go to look for yourself . tuk tuk or car for rent,

breakfast and food little expensive compare to other guest house but it serve with a smile ...

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Thank Nagasiri Bhikkh... D
Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

This Place is okay, But that's it. For One Night it's okay and cheap, nur then it's really Time to leave. The Rooms are mouldy, but then Probably all of them are in this area, and they have a tuk tuk driver who will just not leave you alone when it comes to driving you around and charging you.
The Curry was really good though.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Asagapo
Reviewed January 20, 2015

This place was clean and welcoming. If not exceptional. I’d recommend to anyone looking for a relatively low budget option close to town. The food on offer was okay, if not a little overpriced – I’d shop around if you have time.

Logistically: call ahead to confirm your room, I arrived and the room I’d booked was taken with only rooms in a higher price bracket (private bathroom) available, they still gave me this room at the original rate agreed, but only after asking if I’d pay the extra.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank Mitch K
Reviewed January 17, 2015

This place was literally our last resort. All the other hotels were pretty full and this is at the VERY top of a very steep and long hill. The owner sensed this and made sure to charge us more than all the other places of the same quality. They said they had hot water, but when you turned it on, literally just a few drips of water came out(at night or in the morning.) They said they had wifi, but it didn't work in our room. Despite the room looking rather clean, within minutes of settling in our room we noticed ants all over the floor.
My bed only had a board every 10 inches or so under the mattress so by the morning I was extremely uncomfortable, falling through the cracks. My wife's twin bed was better. The owner was not friendly at all and just seemed to take pride in the fact that he had gotten us to pay 500 rupees more than the other similar hotels which are lower down the hill. Despite being on top of the hill most rooms have no views, and even the restaurants views are limited. There are no mosquito nets, no screens on the windows and no bars on the windows. The bars are important as there are tons of monkeys on the hill that will climb in to any room to steal your things. Because of this it is imperative that you sleep with the windows closed, making the room pretty stuffy.
If you must stay here, then it's ok, but there are many better, and much friendlier places nearby that are similar or better.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ben s
Reviewed January 15, 2015

We stayed at the Lakshmi for 3 nights and had a ball. The staff were great, particularly when I came down with a cold (Heshan, the manager, surprised me with special tea, panadol and even cooked us a traditional dinner to help aid my recovery). Very clean, very helpful. I recommend doing a day trip with Rohan to visit the spice gardens and the tea plantations. )

Food was great, rooms were basic but clean and very comfortable. Brilliant value for the price and the view from the balcony made it a nice place to unwind.

It was sad to leave and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple