The Peak Residence
$60
$131
$109
Hotels.com
Nature Walk Resort(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$45
$13
  • Restaurant
$59
$34
Agoda.com
$39
$35
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$34
$31
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is high on a hill in Kandy, away from the hustle and bustle of the city below, (great views from most rooms) it is a quiet retreat. The staff are attentive and try hard to satisfy their customers requirements. Our room and bathroom was a good size the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is western or Sri Lankan breakfast can be ordered the night before. We stayed for 5 nights and thought it was good value for money. They also serve lunch, dinner, soft drinks and beer. Really the only negative is that the waiters do not speak english too well, so a bit of confusion sometimes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The good points:
Very obliging and kind staff
Good room facilities (aircon, very hot water, TV)
Great view
Good kitchen for dinner (about $7 for 2 good courses and tea/coffee/water)
More like a 3 star hotel than a guesthouse
The bad points:
Rooms a little uncared for (things broken, or missing, first room had leaking toilet, second a broken fridge)
Unaware room makeup (no top sheet for two days - only a bed cover)
Good and bad breakfast (eggs, juice, fruit, toast - the latter with artificial butter and strawberry flavoured melon jam)
Location makes going into town a $2.50 each way experience and very inconvenient in the evening
No internet (you will need a dongle and local SIM card)

If the room was $25-$30, I would consider it value for money but at $40 it is too expensive (though I have not researched other places in Kandy which is a high point for tourists)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2011

It was nice two days I sayed there with my wife after a very tiered journey passing two main oceans..
We initially stayed in another hotel in Kandy and moved to peak after one day . It made me feel home and appreciate the cleanliness of the place..staff were friendly but I recommend to get a better cheff!
Anyway we enjoyed our stay, though I wanted to be there for one more day, we had to leave due to personal schedules and were really happy about the decision of selecting this place.

Indika Dias

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Hi

I put the original details of the Peak Residence up on TA but didn't complete a review because I was waiting for a correct web address from them. They are still having problems in that department.

Anyway, I stayed here twice on my last trip to Sri Lanka and fell in love with it! From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I think we paid about 3000rs including breakfast and it was worth every single rupee!

The Peak Residence has all the things you would expect from a higher price hotel:

A large room with huge comfortable bed, a small but clean bathroom and best of all, a balcony with simply stunning views of Kandy! The lake and temple are just out of sight but you can see the enormous Buddha on the other side of the valley and the views of Kandy itself and the surrounding countryside and mountains are just breathtaking!

The room we stayed in also had a seating area with TV, fridge and plenty of wardrobe space.

The food was great, though we only ate one meal other than breakfast there. All in all, a lovely place to stay with fabulous views and staff that just couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful.

I hope you enjoy this gem of a place to stay as much as we did!

B

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

its a remarkable place for your desperate hideout with a splendid view & fulfilled with warm, gentle n lovely hospitality. we just planned for 1 night out in city of kandy but this place converted it for two consecutive nights. the view is remarkable, during the day time you'll get this magnificent view for several waves of mountains far in any of their balcony's which will ensure privacy. And when the dawn sets its all about colours of kandy underneath you! one of our must stay joints in all SL! cheers people of P'residence!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple