“For dine in and take away”
Review of Lyon Cafe

Lyon Cafe
Ranked #69 of 184 Restaurants in Kandy
Reviewed September 28, 2013

While we in Kandy, Lyon was the place to eat if we wanted a feast. We were university students and always wanted the best food for money. Lyon special was our choice almost all the time. It has great take away packages too. Even today whenever I happened to be in Kandy Lyon is my place to be.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had the Lyon's special which was a big plate of rice with Vegs and some tiny pieces of meat (chicken, beef, pork) to tell you the truth the pork was mainly fat. I ordered a tomato and onion salad on the side. It tasted ok nothing special I don't know what the Lonely Planet raves about that place. The dessert was quite good though, curd with honey. Would I recommend it ? Not sure it is worth the money. 11.000 lkr with a bottle of water I found it a Lille bit over priced.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I ate here only once when I was feeling ill, I had a vegetable soup and a salad, but were reasonably good. The salad in fact was the best I have had in Kandy, which isn't saying a great deal as salad is not really Kandy's forte. The soup was definitely tasty, but could have been nicer. The total came to around 400 rupees which is a little steep for what I had.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My Dad studies at Peradeniya University in the 1960's and I was told that at the time 'Lyon's' was the place to go for a good meal! So we tried it out...and it was worth the hype! The service maybe slow, but its good simple food (If you like rice&curry), good value for money. The Tom yum soup is catered more to the Sri Lankan pallette but it was pretty good.
Tip: Order the Lyon's special! : )

1  Thank PurplewallLondon
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently ordered a set menu or executive pack from Lyon cafe. It is one of their famous menus which includes vegetable fried rice, devilled chicken, vegetable chopsuy and chilli paste. Anyway this time it was better than the previous times but still has scope to improve. As usual it is quite spicy. They have reduced its prices which gives it better value.