All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsyoga teacherdetox packagesteam bathweight lossdaily yogasurrounded by natureleft me feelingother guestslocal staffvegan foodface masksri lankafull bodywonderful staystayed daysrice
Reviewed January 13, 2015

I spent 9 days at Plantation Villa, the most peacful and relaxing time I have ever had so far.
The welcoming and caring staff made it easy to feel like home.
Roshan is a very professional and sensitiv therapist.
Daniel the manager is always happy to share his knowlege. He answers all the questions about ayurveda, health and a lot more.
I enjoyed yoga and meditation in the morning/evening. Yoga in this beautiful natural surrounding was very special to me and very helpful to become more balanced. To see how I've improved my "yoga skills" in such a short time, makes me feel very proud. Thanks to the teacher Sabu!

The Ladies in the kitchen spoilt me every day with delicious Sri Lankan food.

For me Plantation Villa is the perfect place to relax keep your mind calm and enjoy a beautiful nature.

Thanks to the Plantation Villa family to make my stay very special and also to the other guest for your nice company!

I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2014
4  Thank ReisebineSumm
Reviewed January 7, 2015

I spent 3 weeks at Plantation Villa doing the full Panchakarma programme over Christmas in December 2014. The setting is beautiful and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle. I stayed in one of the suites in the main house which is lovely and full of character.
The staff here are wonderful: willing, intuitive and service oriented. The longer I stayed the more I found that they anticipated my needs without my having to ask.
The food is delicious, fresh, mostly grown on site and plentiful.
The Ayurvedic treatments are professionally carried out and the programme is tailored to the individual. My therapist was Roshan whose skill, sensitivity and intuition I cannot fault. As well as the Ayurvedic doctor who comes in from outside to plan each persons programme and monitor their progress, there is a doctor on hand in the form of Daniel the manager. What he doesn't know about medicine, Ayurveda and health in general probably isn't worth knowing!
This location is remote so be prepared for intermittent wi-fi connection. Mobile signal is usually OK just outside in the grounds of the house. And if like me you are sensitive to mosquito bites come armed with repellant.
After 3 weeks I have become rather attached to the place and the people and am already looking at my diary to figure out when I can go back.
Enjoy!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. I had suite in the main house which has lots of character.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank Jacqueline M
Reviewed January 5, 2015

Plantation Villa is a calm and secluded Ayurvedic sanctuary set amid rubber, banana, and palm trees. This is an authentic Ayurvedic experience delivered with a personal touch that goes ‘the extra mile”.
Plantation Villa was an uplifting experience. The caring and friendly staff took great pride in their work. We were served abundant and nutritious food from a traditional kitchen. We had fun watching the ladies cook one afternoon. Our Christmas meal was wrapped in a banana leaf and included tasty Christmas cake.
I enjoyed watching the monkeys, miniature squirrels, lizards and more, and listening to the chirpings of the myriad species of birds. Even my leach was relatively benevolent.
After 10 days, I emerged trimmer, healthier and in a positive frame of mind. This was the result of twice a day yoga/meditation, effective and varied treatments and great company in ‘ a home from home’ environment . The medicines must have done some good too!
The manager, Daniel, is a fountain of knowledge on all things medical, scientific and social. Thank you all for a memorable and very happy experience.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank kittyh2015
Reviewed January 3, 2015

Beautiful place to stay if you really want to relax your mind and body.We where lucky to meet with only 5 other guests staying during this time in the villa (mind like and interesting people) in a familiar atmosphere.The staff was very sweet and accommodating and Daniel was not just a manager but a perfect host and interesting entertainer with wide knowledge on many subjects.
I would be happy to give 5 stars but would put some critics on the food which was definitely very unusual but could have been cooked more tasty.
The herbal bath needs to have a makeover to enjoy this kind of treatment in a more relaxing atmosphere.
We would definitely come back another time.
Uli & Tatiana

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jetfox2015
Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in early January 2014. After deciding to cut our fortnight in Bentota to 10 days, we decided to book this last minute to break up our trip to Negombo and to broaden our experience of Sri Lanka (we had already visited the cultural triangle prior to Bentota). We stumbled across Plantation Villa on Agoda and we were not disappointed. It took our driver a while to find, but once there we were very relaxed. Although we are admittedly big drinkers, this is an Ayurvedic Spa, so very healthy & no alcohol on site! However, although the other holidaymakers were on tailored health courses, we were not pressured in any way to follow suit - in fact we took advantage of the peace and quiet and relaxed as much as we could and explored the plantation where we enjoyed spotting the wildlife - monkeys, snake, lizards, spider and a very friendly cat! We did both book the Steam Bath which was a great experience. Our evenings were spent dining (Sri Lankan food - a variety of unusual dishes which we embraced) with the other guests and also the manager and her parents, the owners, one evening where we heard a great deal of interesting stories. The manager was very accommodating and kind enough to let us stay in the better room for no extra charge as we had only booked it for the first night and a more standard room for the next 2.
After being slightly apprehensive about the spa at the beginning of our stay, we were sad to leave, and would recommend this place to anyone - even if it's not their 'bag'!

• Stayed: January 2014