All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsyoga teacherdetox packagesteam bathweight lossdaily yogasurrounded by natureleft me feelingother guestslocal staffvegan foodface masksri lankafull bodywonderful staystayed daysrice
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I arrived as a burnt-out teacher after a long term and stressed from the long journey from the UK but left feeling in complete health, both physically and mentally.
Plantation Villa's strengths lie in the setting and service. I challenge anyone to not feel relaxed after one day in this place. The beautiful and peaceful surroundings allow you to really 'switch-off' I spent one afternoon on a lounger in the garden reading and listening to the wildlife around me.
The other bonus to Plantation Villa is the wonderful staff and service. You never feel hassled, for example, you can have your meals at a time you choose. They are always ready to service your every need but are never intrusive. The traditional Sri Lankan food is also delicious and healthy which adds to the complete Ayurvedic experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lesley O
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our Family just loves this place :)

We have been warm welcomed by the hotels owner Ishara and her friendly staff and really felt at home. If we had any wishes or requests they were taken care off - that being fresh delicious food, juice from home grown fruits, that we plucked ourselves and even walks and talks in the rubber plantation, to a nice waterfall and in the vegetable garden.

Also we enjoyed some nice Ayurvedic massage, that helped stress down and giving relief for minor aches.

The room, that we stayed in - the suite - was beautifully decorated and spacious enough for the whole family of four. Outside the room, there are cozy corners with sofas for a cup tea and a talk.

The garden is beautiful and holds a small playarea with swings and sea saws, a nice swimming pool and good areas for playing and going on adventures.

We would love to come and stay in The Plantation Villa again :)

Room Tip: If you like good space, ask for the suite :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had only for 3 days to stay at Villa but that was the most relaxing holiday I ever had.
Beautiful silent place, away from touristic area, very unusual comparing to standart hotels - so you feel yourself at home. I've tried ayurveda treatment and completely enjoyed oil massages and shirodhara. I recommend this place for everyone who wants tranquil relaxation and the kindest service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Polina P
Reviewed March 2, 2013

A very relaxing and rejuvinating experience to switch off and re-connect with your mind, body and soul. A perfect non-touristy spot as well which allows you to immerse yourself in the local culture while unwinding and enjoying your surroundings.
The Ayurvedic treatments and healthy eating left me feeling like a new person! The staff were very accommodating and helpful... highly recommended !!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Couchita1
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you like to stay in a rural retreat, surrounded by nature, yet have easy access to key sightseeing destinations, then this is the place for you. Located just off the E1 highway, you are only 45 minutes' drive away from Galle and other points on the south coast, 30 minutes from west coast spots such as Bentota, and one hour from Colombo city centre. Once the new motorway is completed, it will be only one hour from Colombo airport.

The owner Ishara has gone to great pains to create a haven of peace and comfort, with a warm welcome, wonderful service and sumptuous breakfasts.

My biggest regret was to have been able to stay one night only. Next time in come to Sri Lanka I will be back and will plan to stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family