Sri Lanka is a wonderful country full of warm and friendly people. The Mermaid Hotel offers good value for money, clean and spacious rooms and a array of daily culinary delights. All the staff we encountered were helpful and courteous at all times, they could not do enough for you. The only drawback was the location, a vast distance from many of the sights, with many trips startring out at 05:30. However, the surrounding area is safe to walk about alone. There is a beach but the tide brings ashore many items of flotsom and jetson and the hotel staff do not clean the beach. May is the start of the monsoon season and boy did it rain at night, day time was cloudy as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mermaid Hotel & Club lies on the golden sands of Mahawaskaduwa; a cosy fishing village in the city of Kalutara which is of religious significance, just 24 miles south of Colombo and 45 miles from the International airport. It is cleverly nestled in a vast coconut grove along a stretch of golden, sandy beach; a perfect get-away for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mermaid & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mermaid And Club
- Resort All Inclusive Mermaid
- Mermaid Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Mermaid & Club Sri Lanka/Kalutara