We stayed at the hotel for 9 days. It was an excellent stay because of the cosy atmosphere and high-rate service. It's a perfect place to relax and have a very comportable and quiete rest. We really enjoyed the help and work of all services throughout the hotel.
The receptionist Menaka helped us with the room. Thanks to her we had a beautiful view of the ocean and stayed on the 3rd floor which was important for us.
The food was very good. Very tasty, variable, wide range of european and local cuisine. We really enjoyed the quality and the way of serving of the optional sea-food and the dinners on the balcony with the candle-light!
The cleaning service is very good. We always had our room regularly cleaned and also had all the facilities we needed. The towels are changed every day. It's important because of the climate (the humidity level is high and the things take time to dry).
The territory of the hotel is rather big, clean and well-done. It's separated from the beach by a low fence unlike other hotels were separated with a metal net (looking like a prison). The territory is well-secured by a guard. We always had enough towels for our seats on the beach.
We really enjoyed numerous chipmunks who jump and run among the palms and the visitors :))
If you come to this hotel, try the spa massage - general relaxing and green-tea for your face. It's fantastic!
All the personnel is very polite and friendly. They are always smiling and helpful. All our wishes were satisfied very quickly.
For a conclusion - it's a wonderful place for couples and families. It's valuable for those who doesn't enjoy disco-parties and noisy places.
The hotel is positioned as a 3-star hotel but it's worth of 4 stars as minimum.
We would like to say thank you to all people who work at the hotel and made our stay pleasant and enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mermaid Hotel & Club lies on the golden sands of Mahawaskaduwa; a cosy fishing village in the city of Kalutara which is of religious significance, just 24 miles south of Colombo and 45 miles from the International airport. It is cleverly nestled in a vast coconut grove along a stretch of golden, sandy beach; a perfect get-away for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mermaid & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mermaid And Club
- Resort All Inclusive Mermaid
- Mermaid Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Mermaid & Club Sri Lanka/Kalutara