What a fantastic holiday! The mermaid Hotel exceeded all our expectations. Excellent!
All the staff were very polite, helpful and couldn't do enough for you. They
just wanted to make your stay as happy and as memeorable as they possibly could.
Any problems were resolved quickly and efficiently.
A big thank you to all the sports staff, especially Chaminda, Sujith and
Shiwantha, for keeping us entertained and for their welcoming smiles every
morning. Aqua aerobics and cricket will never be the same again!
We could not fault the food - there was a good variety of food which catered for
all diets and tastes and the A La Carte is a must! You have to try the
traditional Sri Lankan chicken curry - wow!!! A big thank you also to Shanaka
and Jagath for looking after us in the restaurant and their warm and friendly
welcome and smiles whenever we saw them.
There is also a spa on site with such friendly staff who just want to make your
holiday even more special. They offer a variety of treatments at reasonable
prices and I have to say is well worth a visit or two or three!!! It was excellent.
The rooms in the hotel are very clean and spacious. We stayed in a deluxe room,
but would have been just as happy in one of the standard rooms. Tea and coffee
are available in the room and the folwers on the bed are a really lovely touch -
and are different everyday. Just another example of the Mermaids attention to
There has been a lot of "bad press" about the beach boys. DON'T believe
everything the tour reps say. Be brave and make up your own mind, or at least
listen to what they have to say before you make up your mind. I'm really glad we
did! They are friendly, great fun and a fantastic local source of information.
I would highly recommend Suresh. You will find him on the beach outside the hotel. We booked a 3 day/2night trip with him. He personalised it to what we wanted to do and see. He
was absolutely fantastic and we couldn't fault anything at all. He made the 3
days a really memorable experience and immersed us in Sri Lanka and its culture.
Thank you so much Suresh.
All in all the Mermaid hotel offers high quality service, fantastic food and
incredibly friendly staff.
A big thank you for such an incredible and memorable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mermaid Hotel & Club lies on the golden sands of Mahawaskaduwa; a cosy fishing village in the city of Kalutara which is of religious significance, just 24 miles south of Colombo and 45 miles from the International airport. It is cleverly nestled in a vast coconut grove along a stretch of golden, sandy beach; a perfect get-away for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mermaid & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mermaid And Club
- Resort All Inclusive Mermaid
- Mermaid Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Mermaid & Club Sri Lanka/Kalutara