“Good holiday nice people”

Tangerine Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Kalutara
London, United Kingdom
“Good holiday nice people”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited Sri Lanka in January 2012. We stayed at the tangerine beach hotel. It was impressive. The food choice was very varied. If you don' like food too hot , avoid the red pots of the curries counter.you'll start sweating before it passes you lips. I can tolerate a vindaloo u.k.style, depending on the restaurant.The Sri Lankans could teach many other nations what hot and spicey means.
I'm sure you'll find something to to please you. Overall the staff are friendly,some of the managers are not quite sure what the word means. I requested a second room key but was informed that was not possible.(My wife likes sunbathing spa etc.) I like walk about, culture etc (call me a big old nosey Jimbo) On insisting I relly needed a spare key I was informed I could have a master key?
Crazy or what?Anyway overall I could recommend this hotel. Arranged a trip to Candy with overnight stay. Visited many places and learned many things. Avoid giving money to herbal gardens which they say is to help their students-Not so.
The trip overall was great and we came back to U.K.feeling as if we'd had a Holiday.

Room Tip: Our room was very close to the beach,so you could hear the serf crashing in. Sometimes you'd wak...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
St Andrews
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I do not understand the review titled AVOID from TDISportAaron and would question whether it refers to another hotel with the same name, also why wait 10 months to write the review.
I have been to the Tangerine Beach on 5 occasions the last time I visited was in October last year. The nearest road is at least 500 metres away and cannot be heard, I have never heard a generator. the pool is cleaned every day by dedicated staff who commence work at 6.00am, the food in the restaraunt is replenished constantly and I would think that 95% os the staff speak very good English. I did once here a guest complaining that there had been NO CHIPS
NO BURGERS OR PIZZA I asked him why he had gone to Sri Lanka if this was the kind of food that he wanted he didnt answer

Room Tip: All rooms look out over the garden seating area to the sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Barnsleyscot
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Friends of mine and I stayed for a day, but it was too short to take a rest for a day. We wished to stay here longer if we had a more time.
Staffs are very friendly not like other places.
The sun set is beautiful as well. Hope to come back again :)

Room Tip: A duplex suite room is very comfatable
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lee j
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pretty Big place Grate food, relax & guest.
Lot of fun in the hotel. night time have different entertainments.
All the staff are so helpful & friendly.
we book for two days. when we stayed there we extension to one more day.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pratheep B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped here 26th December 2012 for 6 nights, the hotel was great value, staff so friendly food excellent (New Years Eve Gala Dinner was Outstanding) rooms clean. Would definately go back at some stage

Room Tip: All rooms overlook pool we had a deluxe that slept 3 it was great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank pete255
galway
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The WIFI is offered free, but extremely slow. The dinner menu is very expensive for what you get, 2250 per person. There were a lot of ruskys, who were very noisy in the pool area and dining room.The hotel is very well layed out. very little to do in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maiya
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We chose this hotel to get married from reviews we read online! (: Our experience was that it was better than we could have ever dreamed of! I knew we'd had got to the right place when we saw 2 Sri Lankan weddings there. There was only one other tourist wedding while we were there. The support and service we received from staff was excellent, they organised everything I wanted and much more, champagne with edible gold flakes, excellent wedding cake & the hotel manager stayed with us in case we needed anything translated throughout the whole ceremony. Our dinner in the evening was delicious and far too much for us to eat but we did our best! I was extremely pleased with the photographs & video we upgraded to larger package but the photos you get included in wedding package are brilliant. I bought my sari I wore in the evening, I paid £10 to have my hair done which included 2 hairstyles (day & evening) I only regret not taking any money with me to use at the incredible spa onsite. I visited it for the manicure & pedicure that was included in wedding package & I wish I could have had more treatments there it was gorgeous but we spent our money on a couple of day trips. I am so pleased I booked this hotel for my special day! The rooms were beautiful, I felt the food was worthy of 5 star & we could use the facilities in the 5 star hotel next door if we wanted to. We didn't do this but I heard the disco was good. There was different musicians in the bar in the evening & a great magician one night. We went all inclusive & I didn't need to spend anything on top of this apart from the elephant we had for our wedding that went on our room bill! I would strongly recommend the Tangerine hotel for your holiday / wedding, it was so amazing another couple booked to get married while we were out there after they saw our wedding! I would recommend having the earliest time slot (8 or 9pm i think) due to avoid hot weather but I got married at 11am and coped. The legal part just takes a few minutes but the rest of Sri Lankan ceremony is beautiful & very special, all together I think it lasted about 1 hour and then lots of photos. All the best if you choose this as your wedding venue x

Room Tip: Most of the rooms had a sea view, I would recommend higher rooms as you get to see local tree surgeo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalutara
Royal Palms Beach Hotel
#3 of 10 in Wadduwa
Coco Royal Beach Resort
Coco Royal Beach Resort
#7 of 11 in Kalutara

Been to Tangerine Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!