All reviews dutch fort the hotel is clean hotel management breakfast buffet nice garden crab curry easy access laundry library culture vegetarian
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019

I selected to stay at Tilko based on my previous experience. The food that they served on full board basis for the price we payed was well below par. There was no selection in the buffet. We there there for 3 days and 2 nights was was traveling with my wife and son. On the first day although it was stated that the food was going to be on buffet, the lunch was Alacart. There were no options at the buffet for breakfast almost forcing us to eat what was there. The most disappointing of all is that, upon returning to the room after having dropped my wife at the public library for an exams, discovering that her money which was kept in her wallet amounting to LKR 15,000.00 being missing. It was apparent that the luggage that we have left in the room had been rearranged by those who had done the house keeping. It was quite certain that the money would have been taken by those who had come to clean the room, as my wife checked on the money and checked with me if it would be safe to leave wallet in the room as she was going for an exam. It was due to my reassurance and my wrongful assumption that it would be safe that the Wallet was left in luggage. This was due to the fact that there was no locker in the room. What was interesting was the response we got from the Hotel Management that something like this had never happened, but wanted time ton”investigate” into the loss of the money. The following morning the hotel resident manager spoke to me with a prepared speech about how the evidence lead to the fact that none of their staff had taken the money. It is only at that point I pointed out that their cockiness of their conclusion was absurd as the balcony sliding door of our room was not lockable. It was a pathetic experience to note that they would not assume responsibility for their lapses of safety for the belongings of their guests. Also upon inquiry later on, we learnt that we were not the only ones to have gone through this unfair experience and that there had been many similar incidents before where guest have lost their money and belonging. My family was disturbed of their holiday due to this distasteful experience and no consolation was offered nor any responsibility assumed. I would not recommend this hotel to any one based on the cynical attitude of the management and their failure to provide safety both to their guests and their belongings.

Or by the way, this is not a fake review and I have left my email address to speak to anyone who wants to verify any information.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

We enjoy stay in this hotel sad to go back. We stay with family members of us. Clean room fast check in and good food . Manager Kumar very nice helping us always stay happy and very nice. We will come back again next year.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Tilko hotel 3 days had good time enjoyed and staff is very friendly and Pradeep is very helpful and kind . Always helping and runing around. We will come back again thank you for nice hospitality.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

I stayed two weeks in 307 i stay like home pradeep kumar very much helpful and kind. I will come next holiday again. I like my room always sleep like home. Go around visit my family part of me. Jaffna nice city Tilko more than nice in all.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2019

The staff was flexible to offer the service more than expected. Not a very luxurious place, however nice and clean rooms. Good breakfast and worth for what we paid. Not crowded during off-season. Closer to city.

• Trip type: Traveled on business