WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Too many mosquitoes!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cosy Restaurant Hotel

Cosy Restaurant Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaffna
Cosy Restaurant Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jaffna
Muskoka District, Canada
“Too many mosquitoes!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Food was mediocre and overpriced.. my mango lassi was pretty awesome though.. anyways we couldn't sit there for more than 30 seconds without getting bitten by a mosquito so you're better off eating somewhere less dark and dank.. pittaya? Or something similar (also a guest house) had much much better food and doesn't feel like you're in a bathroom dungeon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shaelz

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Let me start off by stating that I realise the Jaffna population has come a long way since the end of the civil war - and are still getting back on their feet. However seeing as this hotel is receiving some ravishing reviews I feel it is in place to be candid.

My girlfriend and I were planning to stay 4 nights at Cosy, but only stayed one. This was mainly due to hygienic and comfort reasons. We were first appointed a room on the bottom floor but these smelled awfully moldy, and were dark and damp. The first floor rooms seemed slightly better: no moldy smell, but it was far from clean. Moreover the bathroom was far below par. Our faucet was loose, we had to mcguiver our own solution with rope to even use it. It was hot and there no place to hang your mosquito nets. A ceiling fan was provided - but conveniently hang in the middle of the room, having little to no effect when in bed. The bed sheets, mattresses, floors and towels were far to dirty for us, we left first thing in the morning.

The food, however, is great so please do support Cosy's restaurant part. Indian bread freshly grilled on a stone oven on the terrace. Service is also good, no complaints on that part.

In short I would not recommend Cosy hotel. But the restaurant is certainly worth a trip.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MTDJassen

Travelers are raving about these Jaffna hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a pit stop tour of Jaffna for one night. I have to stay I am slightly surprised by the extremely positive reviews of this place.

Whilst the staff were friendly and helpful the rooms were quite dark and the bathroom we had was truly awful.

The little resturant is quite nice and served South Indian and Sri Lankan dishes and seemed really popular with the locals which is always a good sign :)

I would recommend for budget travels but bathrooms would need to be updated in order to live up to rave reviews.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Holzzzz
Mount Albert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to the restaurant and stayed at Cosy. I have also been to other restaurants and Hotels in Jaffna but nothing is comparable to Cosy. They have one of the best customer service and the menu at the restaurant is amazing and finger licking good. I would strongly recommend any one who is travelling to Jaffna to stay at this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James007MountAlbert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a full week in Jaffna at this hotel. The price was very good and the room big and clean. The staff is so nice, friendly and helpful so I felt very safe the whole stay. Everytime I returned to the hotel there was a warm welcome. The location is perfect. As well as the food in the restaurant. Freshly prepared and a good service.
If you are looking for a good budget place stay with those nice people.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank LxBuhler
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were in Jafna when there few rooms available in town with it being a long weekend. Luckily we found Cosy. Best we stayed in Jafna. They do some western style food but not extensive. Rooms were clean although not exactly comfort but fine for budget travelers. Would definitely suggest travelers try this first. Not far from the Bus station and Near the centre of town

Room Tip: Bring your own Mosquito Net. They didn't have one and I had to set one up hanging from the fan.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stephendxb
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have given an excellent rating based on the service, location, and food. The rooms [ we had two] were clean but the one we had was very cramped and we couldn't get to the table to plug in phones etc.This is an old place with fittings, furniture and so on reflecting this but nevertheless the bed was comfortable, the bed linen clean, towels and extra bed sheet quickly provided upon request.

We stayed only one night and went looking unsuccessfully for another place. The driving reason to do this was because the restaurant had a back door which led to the lounge area beside the ground floor rooms. I observed non guests entering this area, loitering about, and had concerns about security while we were away during the day. Looking back, we were sorry that we didn't take our bags with us and return for another night.

The restaurant menu is extensive, the food delicious and service excellent. The owners have now opened a new vegetarian restaurant on the main road near the hotel.

If I remember correctly, we paid Rs3,500 per double room - an excellent rate considering the Rs5000 - Rs 9000 we encountered elsewhere.

On a future trip to Jaffna, I wouldn't bother wasting time looking for another place. The friendliness, service and clean beds would compensate for my perceived inadequate security.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family