“Best of the limited options in Jaffna.”
Review of Cosy Restaurant

Cosy Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Jaffna
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Australia
“Best of the limited options in Jaffna.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We visited the restaurant at about 2.30 in the afternoon - we were too late to order the lunch specials and the menu was really limited at this time of day. They only fire up the tandoor oven in the evenings - so we couldn't try the famous naan etc. However, the food we did order (chicken curry and rice) was delicious - definitely the best Indian curry we had in Jaffna and probably Sri Lanka. The eating options in Jaffna are limited so you'll probably end up at Mango's - go in the evening - I bet those naans are delicious!

• Visited July 2013

Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
“Good service and great naan in Jaffna”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Cosy is the best place taste great curries, I loved the prawn dish they make
and there Naan are sooooooooooo gooooooood I loved it while my stay in Jaffna at Cosy,
But no Beer.
Kabir

• Visited May 2013
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I think this has the only tandoor oven in Jaffna. Not the best tandoori but at least you can have tandoori cooked food. Naan are excellent.
True Indian flavours, good size portions.
Service is efficient rather than endering.
No alcohol.

Visited June 2013
Medan, Indonesia
“Pricier than most, but with an increase in amenities.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

When I first arrived in Jaffna I was recommended two restaurants: Mango for the price and Cosy for the food. Sure, Cosy isn't quite as cheap as the other buzzed about locations (the Malayan Cafe for instance) but it makes up for it by giving you a bit more value for your dollar -- a comprehensive and delicious menu, friendly service, and free wi-fi for those of you that can't live without it (that includes me.)

I went for lunch and dinner during my short stay in Jaffna--crab curry and chicken tikka masala respectively--and it was the crab curry that really blew me away. The waiter also recommended me a nice water front cycle route.

I'd return.

• Visited May 2013
Weimar, Thüringen, Germany
“A touch overrated”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

People can't stop talking about this place, but not sure why… I found the food to be ok and the service was also not bad, but compared to Mangos I found the overall experience a bit overrated.

Visited March 2013