Arrived and were taken up to room 329 and was gobsmacked , had read about damp rooms before we went but thought it must be exaggerated but it wasn't.
The room was literally dripping ,walls and floor were wet and bed was seriously damp ,no way I could sleep in that after having chest problems yrs ago.
Am not one for complaining but had to this time and housekeeping came up and all they did was mop the floor which was a waste of time and were even laughing at us as went out the door which I was not happy about but anyway said this was not good enough and eventually got moved to 412 which was like being in a different hotel.
Bad design of the open area between the room and balcony which goes down through all floors has obviously let damp into the structure of building and needs sorting.
Now to the better points ,food was exceptional as was the service in the main restaurant and the girls on the door even remembered our room no after only being in there a couple of times.
Plenty of sunbeds under the palm trees which was relaxing and no disruption from sellers on the beach, even had squirrels trying to pinch my juice ,cheeky things !.
Would return if was Definately put on 4th floor but not any lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 112 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites, 4 corner suites, 4 deluxe rooms, 140 superior rooms. Air conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32" LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. Hotel facilities and services: a selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, specialty crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits, a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (300 to 500 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a freshwater swimming pool, PADI certified dive center and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa