We stayed here for six nights as a family of four. We had a family suite on the top floor and the interconnecting rooms were excellent. Loads of space a lounge and a big balcony area, there was even a small kitchenette room. The beds were were comfortable and the room well serviced. The pool area and grounds are great and we had no issues with getting sun beds, although I wish all hotels would have a policy on sunbed grabbing early morning. The beach area is good but you do need to be a good swimmer to really be relaxed in the sea as it can be quite rough. We saw turtles every day coming to be fed which was quite amazing.
The breakfast was good and the evening buffet had plenty of choice. The chef even made something special for my fussy daughter who could not find any thing she liked in the whole buffet every night.
We had just done a six day tour of the island so to relax for the last few days of our break was a real treat. My wife and daughter used the spa and thought this was also lovely and very well done.
Overall there is nothing not to like about this hotel and we had a really great time here, it is a really safe bet for a great beach holiday.
I have no idea what we paid for the hotel as we booked a whole tour back in the UK but the whole holiday was reasonable.
There are plenty of tuk tuks outside the hotel and the turtle hatchery nearby is a great trip.
Well done Chaaya Tranz!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 112 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites, 4 corner suites, 4 deluxe rooms, 140 superior rooms. Air conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32" LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. Hotel facilities and services: a selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, specialty crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits, a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (300 to 500 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a freshwater swimming pool, PADI certified dive center and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa