Tripadvisor
Hikkaduwa
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome experience(s)!

Had three dives with the guys and absolutely loved it! We were greeted warmly, given detailed... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
rocknrolla123
Earth
Nice snorkeling

We have had a very nice private trip with a kind and experienced guide. Fair price for 2... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
maxmK643DQ

All reviews local community personalized experience answered quickly diving experience diving center professional team coral reef special thanks octopus take care goodness foundation charity conch training support dive
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had a great couple of dives with Manjula going to the reef and the Earl of Shaftsbury wreck today. Right from the start I was made to feel welcome and not rushed. The equipment is in good condition and the boat well equipped and looked after. Nothing was too much bother and everyone was very personable. Throughout the dives I was assisted when needed and reassured as I was slightly nervous. The dives involved seeing loads of fish and a lobster which was stunning. The ethos of the organisation is really strong, working with communities and supporting employment outside fo tourism. That and the fact that base is away from the hustle of Hikkaduwa drew me to use Seenegama Dive Centre. Although it’s just outside Hikkaduwa it is not far by Tuk Tuk or bus and is closer to many of the dive sites by boat. I think this is a quality centre with helpful and informed staff. Thank you Seenigama dive team!

Date of experience: January 2020
DiveSeenigama, Manager at Dive Seenigama Dive Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for choosing us and sharing your lovely experience! We are happy and hope to dive with you soon again in near future!

Reviewed December 22, 2019

I was recommended to dive with Dive Seenigama from a friend because of their work with the local community and keen eye towards marine conservation. Not only did I get all of that, as well as support for the work I was conducting (I am a marine biologist), but this business is well run and the diving is safe/fun/organized. They have two boats that can go out daily (with a little help to get pushed in the water!) and dive at numerous spots around the region. The two wrecks (Conch and Shaftesbury) are well worth a day. Accommodations are wonderful as well. I stayed for a budget at the Sports center, but it was clean, well run and breakfast was excellent everyday. They also have more upscale villa living if that how your roll. I can’t thank this team enough for their support, and I truly hope their business grows as it is built on community, and gives back to those impacted by the tsunami. Good luck team!

Date of experience: December 2019
DiveSeenigama, Manager at Dive Seenigama Dive Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Thank you very much for recommending and sharing your experience with us Jon! Such a pleasure to host you and the team. Good luck with everything ahead and we will keep in touch to extend conservational efforts!

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

I am a PADI Master Scuba Diver. I did my Wreck Diver Specialty certification here with Dive Seenigama at the SS Conch shipwreck. My instructor, Brandon, was amazing and the diving club staff took great care of me. The experience was also amazing because it's very personalized, which doesn't seem to be the case with other diving clubs in Hikkaduwa.
All the other boats that we crossed at the dive sites were bigger and crowded with large groups of divers. On our boat, it was only me with the instructor and when another diver wanted to join, he went with another dive master.
Overall, if you are looking for a personalized experience with very competitive prices, don't hesitate to go with Dive Seenigama.

1  Thank pepi379

Thank you very much for choosing us for the speciality course and we are happy that you enjoyed! Hoping to see you soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We dived here twice over 2 days, and I can’t rate it highly enough. Really fantastic set-up - great location, good kit & super friendly, experienced, & professional team. Within short boat trips to a range of interesting sites (incl SS Conch). Both my kids are under 12 and Brandon, Mungela & team could not have been more helpful and patient in helping them along. And all backed by a great local cause. An unexpected highlight of our holiday and we’ll be back for sure.

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and recommending us! Please do visit us again next time you are in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed April 27, 2019

I dived with this dive centre on the 12/4/19. I emailed them ahead of my visit to Sri lanka and my emails were answered quickly and with the information i requested.I took this as a good sign. It was just before the Sri Lankan New Year and they told me they would be open till 12 noon on the day of my dive. I arrived at 8.30 am as instructed and was greeted warmly . I had 2 divemasters diving with me that day Mangala and Amila. Mangala dived with me on the SS Conch. Amila on a reef dive.
The wreck was at a depth of 21 m and the reef about 12 m . Visibility was good , dives were interesting with lots of fish and even a lobster made an appearance.
I would recommend this dive centre . Thank you to Amila , Mangala and to kaminder , the manager. I had a lovely day and hope to dive with you again.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Simon L
DiveSeenigama, Manager at Dive Seenigama Dive Lanka, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Thank you very much recommending us and sharing your experience Simon! Hoping to see you soon for another dive!

Kindest regards, Dive team