All reviews managing director sri lanka three star glass bottom breakfast and dinner first floor sea view buffet style welcome drink beach front turtle hatchery tuk tuk nice pool indian ocean hikkaduwa beach the main road curry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

We had booked standard room which according to the booking provided partial sea view, however the room had a common lobby outside the window, so if I open the curtain to enjoy sea view people crossing the lobby gets full view of my room. The mattress in the room was pathetic spring one. If move it was making noise and disturbing all the people on the bed.

I had to literally fight the staff their to get my room changed. While they said they are full rooms were still available on Booking.com.

On top of that rooms had insects which was a big tun off for me as I was staying there with my kid.

Breakfast was ok.

Location was good that was the only positive things along with the overall staff behavior.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Five of us, three adults and two kids checked in at Hikkaduwa Coral Sands Hotel at about 1600 on 25th December 2013 for three nights. We parked our car by the main road as directed by one of the guards. There was no designated parking for hotel guests.
The hotel is located right on Hikkaduwa beach, with its unique stretch of white sands. There were two swimming pools and a kiddies' pool.
We were welcomed on arrival with a fruit drink and allocated rooms 407 and 408. The reception staff were courteous and professional. Baggage was delivered to our rooms. Both rooms had twin beds with clean white sheeting. Included in our room 407 were all that could be expected from a 3 star hotel room: air conditioner, overhead fan, TV, dressing table and stool with mirror, two bedside tables, luggage rack, cupboard with safe, fridge, kettle with tea and coffee, two chairs with a small coffee table and two bottles of water. Both rooms had a great ocean view.
The washroom was clean too with clean fresh white towels, hot/cold shower and hairdryer. Hand wash, shampoo, body lotion were supplied as standard and replenished daily.
There was free Wi-Fi in the rooms and throughout the hotel. Access to the Hikkaduwa public beach by the hotel was easy and convenient through a gate close to our rooms.
We had dinner and breakfast in the spacious dining area. The buffet dishes were in an enclosed area to prevent food contamination. The meals catered for all tastes, Sri Lankan, Western and Eastern. The meals were tasty. There was a band playing music at dinner time.
Next to the well-stocked bar were tables for pool and table-tennis.
The hotel was too large and full during these festive holidays for the staff to be overly attentive to guests. However though impersonal, they were all professional. The dining room staff however were the exception, being helpful and responsive.

Room tip: More expensive rooms have sea view
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Our stay here was average and there are way better places to stay than here so be warned. The food here is terrible and they reuse food from the previous night so that nothing seems fresh. It is also very catered for Europeans and if I wanted to eat European food I would go to Europe, instead at their buffet there is a tiny corner of the room that displays 1 or 2 Sri Lankan curries and that's it. The rooms are also so dated and could do with an upgrade and the bathrooms are disgusting we had to wear flip flops in the shower due to the bad smell being omitted from the drain and the mould. The only redeeming feature of this place is the pool but that is it, do not go here unless you are looking to for a hostel experience.

1  Thank N5407VPamyb
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Coral Sands, 6 nights, has everything you need. A descent breakfast, friendly people, good room.. great location at the beach.

If you look a little closer it is very outdated. Bathrooms are really behind a reasonable state of being. We found cockroaches, meaning its nog clean ( yes AM aware that we are in exotic country and i should get used to it).
Beds, you know spirals.?? You Will find them here. Also matrassess is not where they invested in. IT does have a balcony, good airco and a spinner.

Breakfast, it's all there. Its not exceeding the expectation.

Lunch & drinks, if they understand you - you Will be served.. english is a problem that Comes to live in this moment.

Poolside, here is where you see they tried... Outlook of the pool is newer than the rest of the hotel. Pool is perfect temperature, pool beds are adjustable, towels are there, Just some music... Would be requested, to enjoy your afternoon at the pool.

Diner, skipped that all nights

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2019

This hotel is not good for visit for your holiday.
I got upset from the entrance because parking is not available for residential visitors and in have parked in their door step. Rooms are out dated and not up to the standards as a hotel. When I request toothpaste and brush they are not providing. Also when i request extra water bottles for my thirsty they are not providing to room and I have buy it. This is not the hospitality we expect from hotel. Then I was waiting for dinner because i had read other review and got to know their food is fabulous. It was very pathetic situation about their food variety and we didn’t get any selection at all. Even no taste and i can expect similar situation from small restaurant in Sri Lanka. But Sri Lanka restaurants are having good food and variety compared to this place. Not recommend for any one else pleas do not go. This is my bad experience in hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019