Lowest prices for your stay
$57
$62
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
Easy and fast booking
David Grenier
Wonderful Stay With Family!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 22, 2019
We had a wonderful stay at Coral Sands Hotel in Hikkaduwa. The room was very luxurious and comfortable with all the amenities of a high standard which even included a jacuzzi !!

The service and food were of high quality, the staff too were most obliging and courteous.

The beach frontage is exceptional and the marine life awesome. We were even able to swim amongst the exotic fish and get really close up with the turtles which was the highlight of our stay particularly to the children.

We highly recommend this hotel to all visitors looking for a safe, secure and pleasant holiday in Sri Lanka.

-David Grenier and family
    $101
    $157
0.3 miles from Coral Sands Hotel
Free parking
На терраске нашего номера.
Fully refundable
  • Lol.travel
2.1 miles from Coral Sands Hotel
View more hotels in Hikkaduwa
1,027 results
All reviews sri lanka sun loungers tuk tuk nice pool hikkaduwa beach sea siri
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Food was super great..and thier prawns were super good.
Room was beach facing...had the best sleep with sound of the cool breeze..
They had hell lot of patience to handle the customer.
But shopping is far from there

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Siri_G_12, Managing Director at Coral Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2019

Greetings from Coral Sands

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the perfect 5 bubble ranking given to us.

Your positive comments regarding the staff as well food & the comfort of the room are deeply appreciated.

Do visit Sri Lanka again. India is just a short flight away from us. My team and I look forward to welcome you to Coral Sands on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Siri E Goonewardene
Managing Director,
Coral Sands Hotel Ltd.,
Hikkaduwa,
Sri Lanka

Reviewed May 3, 2019

We were a group of four older ladies and cant fault this hotel from the charming staff to the beautiful location .They even organised a cooking class for us. We were there during the bombings---a very sad event for the people involved and the country as a whole but I have to say we did feel safe at all times.

Room tip: Ocean view
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Greetings from Coral Sands

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the review done following your April stay with us.

Thank you too for your vote of confidence during these difficult times.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again at Coral Sands.

Kind regards,

Siri E Goonewardene
Managing Director,
Coral Sands Hotel Ltd.,
Hikkaduwa,
Sri Lanka

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Coral Sands is a conveniently located beach hotel in the city of Hikkaduwa. There is a stretch of beach right in front of the hotel where boats are anchoring, but just a few steps towards the left or right you will enjoy nice and clean swimming areas with schools of tropical fish curiously watching you. Unlike the beaches of many other countries, in Hikkaduwa I was never molested by any vendors. However, you will not encounter many of those noisy beach activities, which are common at other tourist places, but to tell the truth, I never missed any of them. For those who enjoy blowing bubbles, a PADI Dive Shop is attached to the premises of the hotel. Hikkaduwa can also be a starting point for many excursions into southern Sri Lanka.

When I arrived, I was warmly greeted by the front desk staff. Everybody was extremely observant, caring and overwhelmingly polite. During my whole 9 days’ stay, they were literally reading every wish from my eyes! I even wondered, whether my driver had accidentally dropped me off at the wrong hotel, because one would not expect this kind of service attitude at a humble three-star hotel. I encountered lots of surprising & nice little details, which made me feel cherished and highly welcome as a guest. After a few days, I even received a free room upgrade. It simply could not be any better.

The hotel boasts two scenic pools and an open bar area, as well as a restaurant, offering a delicious and wide variety of dishes every day. Authentic Sri Lankan cuisine was sadly limited to just a few curry variations. I really would have enjoyed trying some more of it. The staff at the restaurant was very skilled, observant and always present when needed.

Unfortunately, I arrived just the day before the terrible bombings in Colombo occurred. Consequently, the number of guests dropped drastically during the next few days. However, there was absolutely no reason to panic. I realized that they immediately increased their security staff, but I never felt unsafe, neither inside the hotel, nor outside in the streets of Hikkaduwa.

I would like to offer my special thanks to the management of the hotel and all their excellent staff! You really make a difference in the hotel business. I will definitely soon be back for a longer stay.

Sælakilimat saha hon̆da davasak!
සැලකිලිමත් සහ හොඳ දවසක්!

Room tip: If you want a quiet room, you may want to stay at the side wings of the hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank callixto
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately this hotel didn't work out for us so we checked out shortly after checking in to stay in Galle. This came at the end of our 8 day trip in Sri Lanka where we had mostly stayed in 3/4* hotels and decided that we needed luxury and somewhere relaxing to stay hence why we moved on.The room was fine - small & a little dark but clean with a view of the beach from the balcony. The pool looked dirty, the sun loungers and pool towels were noticeably very old. Our towels had stains all over them, 1 even with a hole. In general the hotel is in need of some real maintenance. Everything feels old & worn out. Unable to comment on food but the staff were friendly and polite.
Being a 3* & cheaply priced, it's hard to complain too much as I guess you get what you pay for. We didn't like the location personally but can imagine it appeals to young backpackers. Hotel is conveniently located on the main beach with quite a few cafes, shops and restaurants outside.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my friends landed at coral sands and we’re warmly welcomed by staff and security. Really loved this hotel, had plenty of sun beds and two pools with one kiddie pool. It connects along through a gate onto the beautiful sandy beach of Hikkaduwa. Staff were so accommodating and friendly. Cleanliness was excellent with little touches to the room. Balcony along with the room which was nice to watch sunset. Food in the hotel at lunch time was nice with options of sandwiches etc. dinner menu was changed every day with something different each day buffet style. Pool table, darts and table tennis available. Breakfast had a wide range of options. Security was at the hotel every day and night to add that little bit of safety. Really loved this hotel and it was the nicest place I stayed in over my travels around Sri Lanka.

Trip type: Traveled with friends