“the real PADI dive school”

Poseidon Diving Station Sri Lanka
Ranked #3 of 30 Tours in Hikkaduwa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Poseidon Diving Trincomalee is a PADI five start Instructor Development Centre. Open from April until October we offer daily diving trips for qualified divers try diving experiences for beginners and all PADI diving courses from the beginner's open water to instructor training. We also run whale and dolphin watching trips and snorkelling trips to Pigeon Island Reserve.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Be careful to dive in Sri Lanka, there were many fake ones. Check on PADI site first and preferably take 5* dive school like Poseidon. We dived before in Unawatuna with local dive school. Very big differences towards Poseidon. All equipments worked well. Good instructor with safety as priority. O2 breathing in each boat. All boats were fine, many option depending on the dive spot. You can ask what you want. Maybe it is a bit expensive than 3 others dive shops in town but please choose for your own safety and go for Poseidon. Never choose unrecognized dive shops.
We took Advance Open Water and Ben our instructor was very patient and helpful. Always do safety stop at 5m for 3 min. Good habit.
- no toilet on boat but dive spot is close
- no water of fruit given during course

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've passed my Open Water with instructor Lal who has been fantastic. The staff is very nice and fun but very professional. I strongly recommend this center. They have a diving center in Nilavelli, Trincomalee which is where I've been.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me, my boyfriend and his parents where there in february 2013, and on the first day back in Sweden I started dreaming of going back. I did two diving courses with best instructor Imma, first the certificate and then the advanced open water. I was really nervous before some of the dives, but Imma and the rest of the staff did an excellent job reassuring and calming me down. I always felt in control and calm while under water or on the boat. I would really recommend taking the certificate here. The courses are professionally executed, and you get a really good education.
On the other diving excursions the dive masters and the very experienced boat captain decided from the weather and current conditions where the best dive spot for the day was. the dive masters are very skilled in finding the way around a site and back to the boat, but also point out nudibranches and other hidden things. You quickly learn some divers sign-language for different animals :)

We are going back in december for three weeks, can't wait!!!
If there is one thing I'm going to ask about when we get there is "Can we go night-diving?!". I did one night-dive as a part of my advanced course, and it is still the dive I can remember most vividly. This was at the end of my stay so I didn't have a chance to do one more. You can borrow a flashlight, but it's better to have your own.

If you are not diving you can go snorkling from the beach, on the reef just outside we saw a couple of huge turtles that wanted food from us! They were almost two snuggly :)
The evenings were often spent up on the second floor terrace, sipping beer and watching the stars or the occasional turtle coming up on the beach to lay eggs. On time a flying fox landed in a coconut palm just next to us!

Can't stress enough how much I long for our next trip!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I can warmly recommend this place both for diving and just having a good time. The staff is very friendly and service-minded. They were helpful all the time, really.

The station is close to the beach and the food is nice too.

Would definetely go there again!

1  Thank Reimund T
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I we passed our Open Water course in this place and we realy enjoyed it. Staff was competent and friendly, and courses were serious and funny. So it was a good place to experience diving, with a very nice place to dive and friendly people.