“Wedding anniversary at the Asian Jewel”

Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Reservations are essential to avoid dissapointment, group bookings need to be reserved in advance to avoid dissapointment and long waiting times, Sri Lankan rice and curry needs to be booked in advance. Hours of Business 8am last food orders 2130pm Check website for reservation number
hikkaduwa
“Wedding anniversary at the Asian Jewel”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and i live in Sri Lanka and we chose to go to the Asian Jewel for a romantic meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was more than what we expected with Dale and Tanya surprising us with a delicious homemade cake! Thank you guys, Chaminda and i will be visiting you again soon x

• Visited January 2012

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great food”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had lunch at the place. The food was excellent and service is very good.
The place looked spotlessly clean and have big variety of dishes in menu.
It's little bit difficult to find, but our driver finally managed and it was worth the effort.
I had tasty rice and curry and my wife ordered seafood. Both dishes were fresh and good prepared.

• Visited April 2012
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Great host and food”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Lovely restaurant, tucked behind the town in the countryside (it was night so we were sure were the tuctuc was taking us!), excellent food however and would therefore highly recommend it.

Visited April 2012
Leeds
“Wonderful service, beautiful boutique hotel”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This is our second visit to the Asian Jewel and we loved it just as much as the first time. Dale and Tanya and all the staff work so hard to try and make your visit special. The food is as good as everybody describes and you will find it hard to get better in this part of Sri Lanka. We Hope to go back again in the near future?

Visited December 2011
Moscow, Russia
“Without a doubt the BEST food in Sri lanka”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend found out about this "Jewel" from Trip advisor while we were in Sri lanka this March, and a Jewel it is indeed. A little off the beaten track, but well worth the 5 min Tuk Tuk ride. We were greated with open arms as soon as we arrived, and it was clear to see why it is rated Trip advisors number 1 restaurant. The food was top notch. I myself went for the 5 assorted curries and enjoyed each mouthful. Having heard that i especially like spicy food, the waiter prepared is especially hot for me while there, even brining out various chilles without me even asking, which i thought was very thoughtful of him. After about 20 minutes of enjoying our stay, we were approached by the owner of the restaurant, Dale, whom seemed very firendly, welcoming and offered to cater for any requirements we had. Though we could not ask for more we already had. A great man and a great staff to match. They 100% deserve their place at number one for working so hard to provide such great service. Even better is the value, After all we ate and drank, I was concerened as I did not bring out too much money with me, as it was a last min decision, but the price was un-beatable, especially for the quality of food and service. Only sad part, was I had planned to spend my birthday there the following week, But foolishly of me, after my birthday antics, I was not feeling too well.So could not make it :( If i am ever back, I for sure will become a local there due to the food ! Conclusion, Great management, Super staff, Friendly romantic atmoshpere, value for money and NUMBER ONE withouht a dount when it comes to restaurants in the area !!

Visited March 2012