Ranmal Beach Hotel
$45
$47
$45
  • Pool
Hotel Ocean View Cottage(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
$29
Aditya(Hikkaduwa)
$178
$172
Agoda.com
All reviewsqueen suitefriends wanted to goswimming poolbooked this hotelbalcony doorfamily roomnice breakfastsea viewperfect locationbeachproximity
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is not a pretentious hotel. It is in the medium to low price range but it provided us with a fantastic holiday. It is largely family run and everyone of the staff that we had contact with were friendly and very helpful without being obsequious. Our room had a delightful view from the balcony across coconut trees to one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen. The interior of the hotel is clean and very pleasant. The furniture and fittings were fine. We ate on a terrace which looked directly onto the beach and the food, which was more than reasonably priced was interesting and of a good standard. So much so that we chose to eat at the hotel almost every night rather than visit the multitude of local restaurants. Given the price range and the service offered I don't understand the negative reviews...

Room Tip: The more expensive rooms have the AC and have a superb view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a typical situation of people who have a property in a beautiful location but do not know how to make it work. Ugly rooms, not dirty but not clean either. Air conditioned rooms with modern aluminum floor to ceiling dark glass veranda doors. Ugly. The best part of this hotel is the cambanas on the sand but they have done nothing to make them attractive. Those two cambanas was the reason I chose to stay in this place but I was so disappointed that I moved to a much better place two doors southwards right away.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nikonios
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Complained has soon as I viewed the room and insisted it was not acceptable.It had not been cleaned as half empty bottles were left and the floor had dust and cobwebs everywhere.The sheets were small and had holes in them,the cupboard stunk of damp so you could not put any clothes in,the chair on the balcony had a hole in the seat and you could feel it giving when I sat on and the shower/toilet was filthy and infested.After complaining to the managers /owners wife (he was not there) and this was not easy as there english is very poor,they made a effort to put things right and to be honest didn't do a very good job.In the end she offered me another room with a/c and said it would be $30 more and as i thought it will be worth it and as it was a one off payment of $30 and making it clear only $30 said ok.After moving my stuff I went to pay and then found she wanted $300 to cover my 10 days,must of thought I was a complete idiot as I had already paid nearly £300.In the end I had to suffer it and left a day early to my next hotel in Mt Lavina which was a million times better and cheaper than the Ranmal.
The area and views are very good.

Room Tip: Dont Risk the Ranmal
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank SADDL3R
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The rooms of this Hotel that we stayed in was decent, The food from the restaurant was some of the best I have tasted BUT...we were robbed for all of our money on the first night whilst we were sleeping. The balcony door lock was messed up, even though it says locked, you can just slide it open. The manager insisted the doors lock, till we showed his dodgy door locks to his face. Reported to the police. Got a refund for the 2 rooms but it doesn't come nywhere close to the amount that was stolen from all of us. Hopefully travel insurance will sort everything out.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank SUDY-S
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Ranmal excist in 2 parts a Old ans a new one. We stayed in the old part. Room was oké. But the cleaning was terrible. Cabinet was not lockable The breakfast was poor. Only marmalade, whitte bread and boiled eggs. We couldn't get brown bread. Only tea was served. For omelet and fried eggs you have to pay extra. Peronel in the restaurant was not frendly. In the night we closed the bathroom window. (insects) But in the moring was the bathroom stinking. We couln't get warm water.
Not many sunbeds on the beach and a lot of them where broken. We stayed there for 6 days and we had to ask 3 day for towels. On the first day we could look straight through the towels. It was a distaster.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple