First things first. The guys that were running the dive centre have split. So there are now two dive centres one called Blue Deep Dive Centre and the other one is called Blue Deep Diving Centre. They are across the road from each other just to make things even more confusing
I only experienced the one that is NOT connected to the hotel (bluedeepdive at yahoo).
The bad things
- They have masked out the PADI sign. They say its because they don't want to pay the license fee. To me this is worrying and suggests that they are being cheap. Not a good thing if you are trusting their equipment. They should pay the fee
- The shop was very small and had limited equipment but enough for what we needed.
- We went initially to the other dive centre, it was bigger more spacious and was the official dive centre for suntono watches which always gives me a little more comfort. But I didn't dive with them so can't comment further
- The boat was very small and our equipment had to be carried to another boat and then passed to us before we went diving and reverse when we got out
- The dive itself was a wreck dive and given we only had the chance to do one dive we told them we wanted to maximise our chances of seeing things and were assured there would be plenty there. There wasn't. Lack of fish and poor visibility. Bit of a waste of time. I know these things can be hit or miss but still would have been nice to see something
- My friend came along to snorkel but there was zero chance of seeing anything when we got there. Again would have been nice to have been informed about this beforehand or move to a different dive site.
- Good divemaster who seemed very comfortable in the water. However we weren't really informed about the fishes, what we would see nor did he point out anything. That was dissapointing
- The crew all seemed very jolly and happy.
In conclusion I will be unlikely to be diving with them again which is a shame because they are nice people but confusion and lack of information is not a good combination