“Excellent Services and beautiful villa”
Review of White House Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hikkaduwa
White House Villas
Ranked #71 of 209 Specialty Lodging in Hikkaduwa
Reviewed January 11, 2011

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Chaminda (the Villa Manager) and his helper Mr. Susantha for the excellent and marvelous services provided.

Mr Chaminda is a helpful person and also a superb chef. At our last day, we had enjoyed our best meal (rice, curry, fish, crab and prawn in Sri Lanka cooked by Mr. Chaminda at a reasonable price). Mr. Chaminda is a man of his word, organized, systematic and friendly. Communication is never a problem with Mr. Chaminda and we really enjoy our moment with him.

Enjoy our stay in the Villa very much and if at all there is any set back of the villa would be it's location which takes around 10 min to the town area where 'Tuk Tuk' or other transport is a must. On the good side, it location far from the town would allow you to enjoy a cozy and quiet stay in the villa.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2010

After looking on the internet for many many private villas to rent during my tour in Sri Lanka, I found this one and dropped an email to the owner, Ric replied. He was very cooperative and nice. Gave me a very good price and so I booked.

not many reviews you can find for this place on the internet, but its everything nice you see on its pages.

When we first arrived, we were welcomed by Chaminda the villa manager, Suasanthe the guy taking care of the villa (cleaning, shopping...).

The first impression was very good. it has a high locked door with a dog guarding outside. from the lake side there is a night security guard which is very important as the villa has this open design.

We stayed there for three days, during our stay I asked from Chaminda to cook for us. he did great food on the two lunch meals we had with him. Susanthe was very helpful always respectful for our privacy. I asked from him to go shop for me, he was very honest and got me bills for what he bought and even let me pay the tuk tuk money.

We needed to go to the city and Susanthe got us a tuk tuk that took us from the villa door to our destination and back.

The rooms were clean and nice. we only used one room with the best view (on the lake). hot water was available sure. there was available internet connection that is a USB dongle you can plug and use anywhere in the villa.

There was a dvd player with lots of movies to pick from Toshiba lcd TV, group games (monopoly like ones) and even cards. Bicycles were available and even a CD player with variety of CDs to listen to while on the pool and even you can plug your iPod or USB with music files there.

The kitchen is well equipped, bedrooms have AC but not all the rooms. The pool is lots of fun and private unless there are other people renting the next door villa (you can rent both and have the max privacy).

Next door there is a resort you can go to and eat or have a drink (didn't try it but saw it and didn't read it about it online so I thought of posting about it here).

Owners are nice enough to leave you a "manual" let me call it! that has lots of useful information like where to eat and what to do.

All in all it was a special part in my trip to Sri Lanka and definitely I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Waleed K
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was lucky to find this beautiful gem on the south west coast. After many years of travel to SL, through it's good times and bad, I was absolutely blown away by the level of ambience, acommodation and service at the White House.

Chaminda, the manager, was the best host anyone could really ask for, always greeting you with a smile from ear to ear. A font of local knowledge, and a mean cook, he was great at pointing my rather large family in the direction of the best viewpoints, shops and, of course, bars.

The level of finish in the house was that of the finest 5 star hotel but at a fraction of the cost. Flat screen TV, comfy and stylish sofas and a cool G&T. A complete home from home, apart from the style.

We have just booked to go back in the summer albeit at a reduced number. I wish, on behalf of the "clan", and myself, a huge thanks to Ric, Chaminda and the boys in the house and I look forward to seeing them again soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family