“Gorgeous Villa situated on a lake”
Review of White House Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hikkaduwa
White House Villas
Ranked #64 of 184 Specialty Lodging in Hikkaduwa
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Look no further than the White House Villa if you wish to stay in Hikkaduwa.
We stayed in Villa 2 for 6 days and it is absolutely gorgeous.
When we arrived, we wondered around the huge rooms for half an hour just uttering words like 'wow' and 'amazing' - it really is so lovely, the photos on here and even the ones we took just do not do it enough justice!
The outside is brought inside with their clever interior design which is beautifully executed, very well maintained and adourned with tasteful, solid pieces of furniture.
There are 3 great bedrooms, we chose the master one with an awesome view of the pool and lake.
The house is loaded with amenities a good collection of books, cd's, dvd's and an Ipod docking station, we spent every day chilling with our tunes on, splashing in the pool and soaking up the sounds and sights of this really, very peaceful hideaway.
I contacted Ric the owner through his email and he give us a really good price, his manager Mr Chaminda organised our taxi from the airport. Udara, the guy that picked us up was professional, helpful and made the 4 hour trip enjoyable, we stopped for lunch on the way which was a great way to break up the journey.
Susantha was also really very nice, he looks after the house guarding and cleaning.
The centre of Hikkaduwa is easily reachable by Tuk Tuk, don't be put off thinking that this place is not in the town - because it is only 5 mins away - we cycled the bikes to town one day which was hard work but fun!
There is a vast well equipped kitchen, but we chose to eat in the Asian Jewel hotel for Breakfast and Dinner as its literally a stones throw away. Just let Tanya and Dale know you're around - they are fab, extremely welcoming and the food is gorgeous.
Next to the villa is also Kallabonga which serves food and drink with a great view of the lake at sundown.
Not to be missed :o)
All in all - a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing stay !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for White House Villas

Reviewed January 11, 2011

First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Chaminda (the Villa Manager) and his helper Mr. Susantha for the excellent and marvelous services provided.

Mr Chaminda is a helpful person and also a superb chef. At our last day, we had enjoyed our best meal (rice, curry, fish, crab and prawn in Sri Lanka cooked by Mr. Chaminda at a reasonable price). Mr. Chaminda is a man of his word, organized, systematic and friendly. Communication is never a problem with Mr. Chaminda and we really enjoy our moment with him.

Enjoy our stay in the Villa very much and if at all there is any set back of the villa would be it's location which takes around 10 min to the town area where 'Tuk Tuk' or other transport is a must. On the good side, it location far from the town would allow you to enjoy a cozy and quiet stay in the villa.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2010

After looking on the internet for many many private villas to rent during my tour in Sri Lanka, I found this one and dropped an email to the owner, Ric replied. He was very cooperative and nice. Gave me a very good price and so I booked.

not many reviews you can find for this place on the internet, but its everything nice you see on its pages.

When we first arrived, we were welcomed by Chaminda the villa manager, Suasanthe the guy taking care of the villa (cleaning, shopping...).

The first impression was very good. it has a high locked door with a dog guarding outside. from the lake side there is a night security guard which is very important as the villa has this open design.

We stayed there for three days, during our stay I asked from Chaminda to cook for us. he did great food on the two lunch meals we had with him. Susanthe was very helpful always respectful for our privacy. I asked from him to go shop for me, he was very honest and got me bills for what he bought and even let me pay the tuk tuk money.

We needed to go to the city and Susanthe got us a tuk tuk that took us from the villa door to our destination and back.

The rooms were clean and nice. we only used one room with the best view (on the lake). hot water was available sure. there was available internet connection that is a USB dongle you can plug and use anywhere in the villa.

There was a dvd player with lots of movies to pick from Toshiba lcd TV, group games (monopoly like ones) and even cards. Bicycles were available and even a CD player with variety of CDs to listen to while on the pool and even you can plug your iPod or USB with music files there.

The kitchen is well equipped, bedrooms have AC but not all the rooms. The pool is lots of fun and private unless there are other people renting the next door villa (you can rent both and have the max privacy).

Next door there is a resort you can go to and eat or have a drink (didn't try it but saw it and didn't read it about it online so I thought of posting about it here).

Owners are nice enough to leave you a "manual" let me call it! that has lots of useful information like where to eat and what to do.

All in all it was a special part in my trip to Sri Lanka and definitely I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Waleed K
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was lucky to find this beautiful gem on the south west coast. After many years of travel to SL, through it's good times and bad, I was absolutely blown away by the level of ambience, acommodation and service at the White House.

Chaminda, the manager, was the best host anyone could really ask for, always greeting you with a smile from ear to ear. A font of local knowledge, and a mean cook, he was great at pointing my rather large family in the direction of the best viewpoints, shops and, of course, bars.

The level of finish in the house was that of the finest 5 star hotel but at a fraction of the cost. Flat screen TV, comfy and stylish sofas and a cool G&T. A complete home from home, apart from the style.

We have just booked to go back in the summer albeit at a reduced number. I wish, on behalf of the "clan", and myself, a huge thanks to Ric, Chaminda and the boys in the house and I look forward to seeing them again soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family