Neela's Guesthouse & Beach Restaurant
$47
$45
  • Pool
$45
Hotel Ocean View Cottage(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
$29
Priceline
$64
$57
Agoda.com
Drifters Hotel and Beach Restaurant(Hikkaduwa)(Great Value!)
$27
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest housesri lankalovely familytop floorair conthird floorstayed here for nightsrooms are cleansea viewcomfy bedperfect stayceiling fanstayed longermosquito netthe location is perfectcurriesthe main road
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Booking a room in Neela's was the best thing I have done on my trip to Hikka and everything else fell in place. The owner Chamara was amazingly friendly and was willing to help at every request.

There are a few different types of rooms, I found all of them quite clean and nice. Restaurant is good too, but would have probably liked if they added more local flavors. Friendly staff, and very helpful.

Just imagine visiting a childhood friend who owns a guesthouse in a holiday spot, thats what it feels like at Neela's.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DileepKumarM
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We just returned from a 2 Day stay at Neelas. I really had a pleasant holiday with my wife and 2 year old son. Following up with the value theme discussed by previous reviewers, I must say you definitely get your money's worth here. The rooms are huge, clean and well organized with quality furniture. The staff are extremely friendly and you will get your home atmosphere. The staff at Cafe are fun and engaging and are fun to talk to. They also make some nice dishes and it’s a good place to have delicious meal. The menu was so big and the prices are very reasonable to order the food whatever we like. The beach is so great. The staff service was a great touch and they were diligent in keeping our rooms clean and the towels fresh. We also enjoyed making our own breakfast in a full service kitchen - saved us lots of cash that we could use to spend on meals and room. Highly recommended for those who wanted good value for their money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dushy S
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Neela's was recommended to me for my first visit to the beautiful country of Sri Lanka in 2004. Neither the rooms, nor the restaurant, staff or proprietors disappointed. Well-proportioned, good value, delicious food from one of the most hygenic kitchens I have seen on the island. Staff who remember your name aswell as your favourite dish, with ready smiles, jokes & laughter & who really make you feel at home. Neela & her family have become life-time friends & the restaurant is a home-from-home with well-kept beach beds in the perfect spot. Chamara (Neela's son - & manager) is a mine of information - trains, buses, taxis, tours etc - & will help you with anything you need to know. Sunset from the roof is amazing & if it rains, Neela's is the perfect place to hang out, with plenty of books & games (scrabble, anyone?). Cannot recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank clareisaacClareisaac
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at Neela's for 2 weeks early November and would go back in a flash. Perfect location on the beach with great surfing, really comfy room with en suite and wifi, excellent restaurant with plenty of fresh fish and most importantly really helpful and friendly staff who made it an amazing place to stay, especially as I was travelling on my own at the time. Really good location for visiting other nearby places such as Galle, and the weather was awesome! All of this for a very reasonable price. I would recommend this to anyone and will be going back as soon as I can.......

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Warwick87
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I went to Neela's one year ago in November 2011. The accommodations were so cozy and the staff were incredibly caring and helpful, not just as hosts but on a personal level as well. One of my favorite memories from Neela's was watching the rain storm over the Indian Ocean while sipping milk tea on the patio of Neela's.
The good was perfect and breakfast never disappointed. I hope Neela's never changes!

Room Tip: They had just finished the top room and although I didn't stay there, I got to check it out. The views of the ocean were perfect. My room was also wonderful though.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
neelamilton, Owner at Neela's Guesthouse & Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your valuable review about Neelas. It’s always nice to hear the experience from our clients. This November is very beautiful and lots of sunshine to Neelas Hikkaduwa and wish you would be here with us. We will be remain same and do our best! Please do visit us again and enjoy your beach holiday with Neelas.

Note: For all other reviewer who has taken their precious time to review on us, we are taking this opportunity extent our thanks to them, each review not been reply,but taken as good note.

Best wishes