All reviews tuk tuk relaxation jacuzzi colombo beach
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and me stayed here for four nights when we arrived in Sri Lanka. We arranged a hotel pick up with the hotel that cost $75. We had a lovely welcome by the owner Luca with a mocktail. Nothing was too much trouble here. Stunning rooms and even more stunning views. You can open your balcony doors and look at at the beach and palm trees. With only 5 rooms it's secluded and peaceful and a short tuktuk to Hikkaduwa.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Perfect location. Right in front of a beautiful quiet beach with amazing waves and sea breeze. Further from the crowd but a 15 minute tuk tuk away from the next town, Hikkaduwa, which is a tourist spot. The room is spacious. We booked the room which has a jacuzzi in an open air balcony and it is amazing to relax in especially at night. The bed and pillows are comfy. Luca, the owner, attends to us personally and attentive to our needs. Try the spaghetti olio which is tasty and becomes a favourite dish. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ija I
Reviewed April 29, 2017

It is a romantic quiet place. Big rooms with amazing front ocean view. Nice design, invisible attentive staff.
if you need a shelter to hide from megapolis "side effects", Serendip Italy hotel is a best choice.

Room tip: best views
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank orientalpearl2016
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

March 2017 I travelled to solo to Sri Lanka where I was hoping to find relaxation and peacefulness for my 6 night stay (full board). As I landed into Colombo from Dubai I was met by my driver who transferred me to my hotel near Hikkaduwa (this was directly arranged with the hotel). The journey was 2 hours from the time I noted on my watch.

I received a warm welcome from the owner (Luca) at the hotel who helped to my room along with my baggage. As I remembered from the booking there were 5 rooms which were themed under the elements - I received the water room (Room 2). I was given a guide of the room (which was much bigger than the photos) and offered a drink. I slept soundly due to the sounds of the ocean waves and the very comfortable bed/pillows.

When I woke I felt refreshed and headed down to the breakfast area, well, what a choice there were so many options to try. From Sri Lankan breakfast specials to eggs/breads and fresh juices. The Sri Lankan rice with coconut, fruit and honey was my favourite along with the cut fresh fruit and breakfast breads. I felt especially special as I am lactose intolerant and this was taken into consideration in the preparation of all of my meals throughout the week. A special mention to Sanka who made each meal special for me, all the food that I tasted throughout the week was extremely tasty. The Sri Lankan curry was my favourite. I love my coffee and I was not disappointed in this respect, great coffee was provided to me daily, along with a herbal tea which was yummy.

I cannot explain the peace which I felt whilst I was staying at SerendipItaly Ayurveda boutique hotel, but I knew after days out to Hikkaduwa and Galle (as beautiful as they both were) that I wanted to return to the hotel as soon as possible.

Everyday I was met with a smile, a relaxing massage (provided by Inoka), other Ayurveda treatments (shirodhara recommended) and fantastic food. One of the days I met with the Ayurveda doctor (Dr Fernando) and found out my type (this is optional however I highly recommend it). Whether you want your holiday to be active or relaxing this hotel can provide this. I wanted a choice of both so chose to do two day tours - which the hotel arranged for me. If you feel like heading out on your own by tuk tuk Hikkaduwa is 10-15 mins away (500 rupees) and Galle 35-40 mins. There are also shops within walking distance from the hotel.

One tip: the sunset is spectular, it's something that has to be witnessed.

As a solo traveller I must say SerendipItaly Ayurveda boutique hotel felt like I was staying with family. I loved every minute of my stay and I would certainly return.

So thankyou to Inoka, Ganga, Sunedra, Ravi, Hatsaray, Pia, Sanka, Malane and Chammi. Luca and Lavinia for making my first stay so memorable!!

Date of stay: April 2017
6  Thank Cori R
Reviewed April 25, 2017

This hotel is a gem. the staff is the loveliest and super helpful and will make sure you have a good stay. the service was great, super clean and the rooms are spacious and very nicely designed. everything has been thought of and it shows. even the neighbors around the hotel are great. We loved every minute of our stay and it made the trip very remarkable.

Room tip: get a room with a balcony for a great morning beach view!
Date of stay: April 2017