All reviewsocean viewtuk tukfernandoasankarelaxationcolombosribeach
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Perfect location. Right in front of a beautiful quiet beach with amazing waves and sea breeze. Further from the crowd but a 15 minute tuk tuk away from the next town, Hikkaduwa, which is a tourist spot. The room is spacious. We booked the room which has a jacuzzi in an open air balcony and it is amazing to relax in especially at night. The bed and pillows are comfy. Luca, the owner, attends to us personally and attentive to our needs. Try the spaghetti olio which is tasty and becomes a favourite dish. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2017

It is a romantic quiet place. Big rooms with amazing front ocean view. Nice design, invisible attentive staff.
if you need a shelter to hide from megapolis "side effects", Serendip Italy hotel is a best choice.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank orientalpearl2016
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

March 2017 I travelled to solo to Sri Lanka where I was hoping to find relaxation and peacefulness for my 6 night stay (full board). As I landed into Colombo from Dubai I was met by my driver who transferred me to my hotel near Hikkaduwa (this was directly arranged with the hotel). The journey was 2 hours from the time I noted on my watch.

I received a warm welcome from the owner (Luca) at the hotel who helped to my room along with my baggage. As I remembered from the booking there were 5 rooms which were themed under the elements - I received the water room (Room 2). I was given a guide of the room (which was much bigger than the photos) and offered a drink. I slept soundly due to the sounds of the ocean waves and the very comfortable bed/pillows.

When I woke I felt refreshed and headed down to the breakfast area, well, what a choice there were so many options to try. From Sri Lankan breakfast specials to eggs/breads and fresh juices. The Sri Lankan rice with coconut, fruit and honey was my favourite along with the cut fresh fruit and breakfast breads. I felt especially special as I am lactose intolerant and this was taken into consideration in the preparation of all of my meals throughout the week. A special mention to Sanka who made each meal special for me, all the food that I tasted throughout the week was extremely tasty. The Sri Lankan curry was my favourite. I love my coffee and I was not disappointed in this respect, great coffee was provided to me daily, along with a herbal tea which was yummy.

I cannot explain the peace which I felt whilst I was staying at SerendipItaly Ayurveda boutique hotel, but I knew after days out to Hikkaduwa and Galle (as beautiful as they both were) that I wanted to return to the hotel as soon as possible.

Everyday I was met with a smile, a relaxing massage (provided by Inoka), other Ayurveda treatments (shirodhara recommended) and fantastic food. One of the days I met with the Ayurveda doctor (Dr Fernando) and found out my type (this is optional however I highly recommend it). Whether you want your holiday to be active or relaxing this hotel can provide this. I wanted a choice of both so chose to do two day tours - which the hotel arranged for me. If you feel like heading out on your own by tuk tuk Hikkaduwa is 10-15 mins away (500 rupees) and Galle 35-40 mins. There are also shops within walking distance from the hotel.

One tip: the sunset is spectular, it's something that has to be witnessed.

As a solo traveller I must say SerendipItaly Ayurveda boutique hotel felt like I was staying with family. I loved every minute of my stay and I would certainly return.

So thankyou to Inoka, Ganga, Sunedra, Ravi, Hatsaray, Pia, Sanka, Malane and Chammi. Luca and Lavinia for making my first stay so memorable!!

Stayed: April 2017
5  Thank Cori R
Reviewed April 25, 2017

This hotel is a gem. the staff is the loveliest and super helpful and will make sure you have a good stay. the service was great, super clean and the rooms are spacious and very nicely designed. everything has been thought of and it shows. even the neighbors around the hotel are great. We loved every minute of our stay and it made the trip very remarkable.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony for a great morning beach view!
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lanasamman
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

The staff and owner is super nice and helpful. It's a lovely place to rest and enjoy this sunny island on. The hotel has beautiful architectural touch and is very clean and comfortable. It's a mini paradise :)

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenni Elina H
LucaJff, Owner at SerendipItaly Ayurveda Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Dear Jenni,

thank you for taking the time to write a review and for this positive feedback.
We are more than happy to welcome you again at Serendip Italy.

Best,