This was our second stay at the Asian Jewel and we're really glad we went back. We stayed for a week and saw in the New Year with Dale and Tanya, the amazing hosts. They make all the difference to the small hotel, which really is a gem. Organising trips or tuk-tuks, nothing's too much trouble. Tanya even popped into town to pick up colouring pencils for my little girl after overhearing her say she didn't have any! Dale also kept our children entertained for an evening (and I think was a little entertained himself) and it really made for a great atmosphere - the care and attention the duo pay is genuine and makes the guests feel really welcomed.
The hotel is set back from the hustle of Hikkaduwa but within easy reach by tuk-tuk (always an adventure). The staff are extremely attentive, friendly and go out of their way to help (the gardener presented me with freshly cut aloe vera, to apply to my sunburn for the first two days, without being asked!) The food was delicious and the restaurant has grown in popularity since our last visit but luckily, the guest take priority. Breakfast was delicious, and much nicer than most of the other, more expensive hotels we'd stayed in across Sri-Lanka.
The rooms are clean, spacious and have all the amenities you need, A/C, fridge, TV, DVD and satellite. The beds are a little on the hard side but that is probably a question of preference and definitely wouldn't stop us staying again. We thoroughly enjoyed our second stay and was really sad to leave. It's no wonder this place has glowing reviews and continues to please, we hope to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Due to its unique location, the Asian Jewel Hotel, Hikkaduwa - Sri Lanka combines the best of both worlds. Enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the picturesque Bird Lake while being just 2 km inland from Hikkaduwa, one of Sri Lanka's oldest and most established beach resorts. Ever since the very early days of travel, Sri Lanka has been known as one of the world’s most beautiful, diverse and exotic holiday destinations. So, what are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Asian Jewel Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asian Jewel Boutique Hikkaduwa
- Hotel Asian Jewel Boutique