My primary reason for staying at this hotel was due my stop over at Dambulla and recommendations from friends. However, after arriving at this hotel I spent most of my time at the hotel and did not feel like going out. The architecture of this hotel is a master piece and one of the most unique five star hotels I have ever stayed at.
The hotel is very large with many wings and it is interconnected with building to the rocks. You have access to 3 pools with breath taking views from every angle. The hotel is nestled within the rocks and wildness giving it a very unique feel of luxury blended with nature. Wild monkeys are frequent guest at the room patio and they are all over the place.
The hotel is in close proximity to two UNESCO world heritage sites and the view from the rooms gives you a direct view of Sigiriya rocks. The view from the room is breathtaking and tranquil. The toilet includes a Jacuzzi with a clear glass window providing you a stunning view to the landscape in addition to the monkeys sitting right outside.
The service and food was exceptional from start to finish. I attended lunch close to closing time but the staff kept the dining room buffet open until I finished my meal. During the evening the hotel staff had attended to my room while I was out and ensured the blinds, lighting and room temperatures were adjusted. .
I made my reservations online with booking.com and be advised their price quote does not include all the additional VAT taxes charged by all hotels in Sri Lanka. My closing bill had an additional $40 dollars per day on taxes that was not included in my booking.com prices price quote and it was a pleasant surprise on my credit card. On a final note, I had rented a private car inclusive with driver and this hotel provides free board and lodge for drivers of guest staying at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla