I stayed in Kandalama hotel from 7 to 11 Nov 2009. First two days were on my own and wanted to enjoy the surrounding natural beauties, the lake, the hills, the green fields and the huge hotel. Such a serene place. The hotel is not an ordinary hotel, the moment you are received, immediately you start feeling important. The way the staff welcome you and treat you, all your tiredness leave immediately. Throughout my stay I felt someone special. When our workshop started, then we were confined in the conference room. They were too cold and at times the cooling system had to be turned off. I should have taken a shawl with me.
The bathrooms are very classy. Very open and mixes with nature. I had the feeling that I was taking shower in a spring. The vast green bush, the hanging leaves outside the bathroom worked as curtain. The eco friendly hotel kept many of its original rocks as it is inside and outside the building.
The hotel is very clean, neat and tidy. Lots of tourists were coming and going but the hotel always remained very clean.
The food was also good and lots of varieties of fruits, vegetables and meat products were present on the table. The cheerful and smiling staff made always our stay very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla