We stayed two nights in Kandalama. Visiting Mother-in-law loved the place and was thoroughly impressed. We had received mixed reviews from others who had stayed here especially about the poor service. We didn't find this criticism justified. Service was very good. We asked for a cot for our 3 month old baby and it arrived within 30 mins. Staff were friendly and helpful. Other reviewers had commented on slowness of service but after living in Sri Lanka for 18 months this is the way it is here and is not an issue particular to the hotel.
Rooms very good.
Food good but a little bland. Drinks were quite expensive compared to other hotels in SL.
Overall, a great experience in a gorgeous setting. My only quibbles would be:
1) Checkout is slow - there was only one cashier on duty at 0930 when we checked out.
2) While the common areas are clean, the windows are pretty dirty. Used condom and wrapper outside my jacuzzi window was a cute touch but probably not appreciated by everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla