A terrific building and site. Bawa's masterpiece hotel slowly being hidden by jungle. Out of town from the nearby sites of Dambulla and Sigiriya but an oasis after a day of sightseeing. Several pools and incredible outlook. Amazing buffet of authentic and fresh food. Rooms gorgeous with jungle and mountain views. Monkeys too. If you like wildlife, you'll love it. Staff couldn't put us in interconnecting rooms so accomodated us in a suite with extra beds at no additional charge. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla