We have just returned from a holiday of a life time!
We arrived at the Kandalama on the 8th September 2008 and was greeted by the friendliest of staff, the check in was lovely, relaxed and organised, we were given a cold flannel & cocktail (which was a god send after the 4 hour taxi transfer).
Our Room was in the Sigiriya wing and the view was outstanding, already monkeys on our balcony coming to greet us.
We met our wedding co-ordinator, Nadhun, and he provided us with the best service we have ever had! I chose my flowers and we chose a wedding location, everything was so organised & professional. We then met one of the Chefs, Gamini, he designed our evening meal menu which was 6 courses!! every detail was taken care of.
The actual ceremony was totally stress free! as we had no family with us the staff at the Kandalama welcomed us with open arms and we felt part of their family.
If you are reading this review as you are going to visit Sri Lanka/Kandalama or are getting married their, then I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil the surpise. All I will say is it's amazing, our wedding day was more than we could of ever wished for, we hope to return on our anniversary on 11th Sept.
Good Luck & Have fun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla