Me and my family stayed over for one night (half board). We paid for a superior room, but was upgraded to a luxury room as compliments (thanku kandalama!)
covering up what everyone needs to know.
Place - Very very clean. Breathtaking! you can literally say gazing around for a full half a day! Everything is wooden and in sync with the environment. hearing this you would expect it to be not so luxurious and sort of rural. But no, it's absolute luxury.
Staff - Wonderful. From the welcome drink in the beginning to checking out they r always there to take care of you. If you have a prob, just call them up and they will take care of it in a matter of minutes.
Room - PERFECT. Nice and cozy with everything from the floor panels to the sliding doors done in a wooden theme. It gives you a very homey feeling. the rooms are very clean. comfortable. (up to a point that makes you not want to leave it to walk about). Lovely bathrooms with gorgeous rain showers.
Dinner - I wasn't very happy with dinner. There were a million varieties. But things were too saucy and deserts too dry. Maybe because of the fact that I'm Sri lankan and used to more spicy food. But overall didn't like it that much.
Breakfast - An absolute joy. The dining area is overlooking the lake which gives it a breathtaking view if you sit close to the windows. With very helpful staff and the place bustling with activity you'll enjoy it fully. The food was very nice.
Overall - Just go :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla