we stayed at the Kandalama for 5 nights on a three week trip of Sri Lanka and the Maldives. After getting married in Bentota by the coast the Kandalama was a perfect change of environment and experience. As other reviews state the design of the hotel and location by the lake is tranquil and stunning. Monkeys, bird life and the wondeful sound of the jungle on the balcony each night will make our honeymoon unforgettable. The bathroom is incredible with amazing views thanks to the glass frontage.
The buffet resturant was of a high standard and they managed to create variety each night. The staff were attentive and so considerate. Sitting in the infinity pool staring at Siguri rock was a memorable highlight.
Our driver took us on trips each day. Kandy and the elephant orphanage were wonderful but note the days are very tiring and to be away for such long days from such a remarkable hotel was unfortunate.
Would i recommend- ABSOLUTELY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla