Very special hotel designed by a famous Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa in a quite remote location. Then again it's surrounded by jungle, pure nature ! Hotel is well integrated into a massif rock party that is also present inside the whole building.
Reception desk in the lobby looks very cool, even a little bit unwelcoming but after a smooth check-inn we discovered our room.
Wauw, very large and well furnished room and bathroom with separate bath and a big shower.
One wall of the shower is completely in glass, so, when you take a shower you have a magnificent view on the jungle...and visa verso !!! (don' t worry, black roller-curtain present).
Good matres on the bed and well lighted room. Give yourself the time to discover the many light switches ...a hint...look sharp behind the bed on the black panel.
Dinner was superb here, many different isles (buffet style) with international, Chinese and Sri Lankan food.
Dessert...OMG, what a selection !!!
We slept very well, very quite during the night and the breakfast was of the same high standard as was the dinner.
Only one small remark...probably due to the remote location the drink prices in the bar and restaurant were significant higher than in the other hotels during our tour.
Don't hesitate to stay here when you are in this area !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla