The setting the decor the food and staff were very good.The stay was very pleasant. It was centrally situated to launch trips to Sigiriya polonnaruwa and anuradhapura
The food was for tourist standards delicious and reasonably priced
The rooms were clean and the monkeys were there!
The staff very obliging and always smiling
Only unpleasant part was at the checkout
A very wise(?) guy at the finance desk is very smart to milk more than a fair share of your money for his bill.
The room prices are quoted in US dollars
He or she converts this to Sri Lankan Rupees at the bank selling rate for US dollars
Then when charging your credit card they convert it back to the currency of the credit card at the bank buying rate.
A healthy profit on this exchange rate manipulation and I pay this in addition to the hotel stay.. The shops and restaurents charge your credt card in Rupees but not the checkout personnel or at least this particular person who dealt with me. He did this without informing me.
So in order not to lose some money by double dipping be aware when checking out. and insist on being charged in Rupees. In my experience Credit Card providers usually get a much better conversion rate than the hotels. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla