“Great choice!”

Sundaras Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Dambulla
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here only for one and a half day and the staff is super helpful and friendly! The lady at the front desk (manager supposed?) helped us a lot for the rest of the journey by giving us fair advice. The location is also a plus!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Caleb_nkl
There are newer reviews for Sundaras Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We felt very good during our stay. We didn't eat there as during the day we were away and for dinner we just had something light.
There is good wi-fi connection everywhere including the garden, very peacefull by the way. The room with AC, big bathroom and shower. We didn't try the hot water as the weather was hot enough.
In general very good relation quality-price and staff very helpfull on all the ways. We deffinetly would go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mika K
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nice place to stay. Friendly people. Very good location just 100m from the golden temple (in truth the only thing to see here). Probably a bit too much expensive. The garden is nice and the room is clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tartaruga02
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The team at sunduras are great. Damien is always on hand if you need any help and very caring. The minibus driver Roy is also great and knows what was doing on the tours. Although the food and prices of the driver is quite expensive, the service in return is immaculate.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Huy T
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only 1 night, and its very nice, with some amazing staff! food and room excellent! however, its a bit pricey for the poor location, as most places in badulla are dirt cheap! If you have the budget its ok, but beware that the sights in the area are expensive also in terms of sri lanka prices!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jheron1990
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed there just 1 day.
I'm impressed because hotel staff were so kind and the owner gave us good advice for Sri Lanka trip!
One more thing, curry set that is served in their restaurant was awesome!!!
Please visit there and try it!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked Sundaras Resort through Booking.com. Beside the standard confirmation email, I also received an email from the hotel themselves confirming the booking and my special request for a vegetarian breakfast.

I emailed them a week beforehand to re-confirm my reservation.

I arrived early, before the room was available, but did all the check in procedures, paid, and left my bags with them, and they said my room would be ready when I got back in the evening.

That evening I got back and: Surprise!!! We have no room for you, sorry but we’re overbooked and we’re putting you in a different hotel. What????

The other hotel was fine, but far from the cave temples.

The hotel registered me as a “no show” on booking.com, meaning I can’t leave feedback on that website, and more worryingly, that they were going to charge me 40USD as I hadn’t shown up. Luckily I’ve seen the money didn’t go out of my account.

I’ve always booked through Booking.com as I thought it was more of a guarantee than phone or email reservations, but this is clearly not the case. I had the same problem with Forest Paradise, Ella, (separate review).

Booking.com should make sure all its hotels have good, secure, unequivocal booking systems in place to avoid this sort of problem.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank lolly p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dambulla
Jetwing Lake
#10 of 15 in Dambulla
Pelwehera Village Resort
Pelwehera Village Resort
#11 of 15 in Dambulla

Been to Sundaras Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!