Sundaras Resort & Spa
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool bargolden templesunrise toursri lankawalking distanceplace to staydambulla caveshot waterrooms are cleanamazing poolpidurangala rockcultural triangletuk tukbreakfast and dinnerspecial thanksdeluxe roomlion rock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A nice guesthouse, good location, clean rooms with AC, comfortable beds, it is the best choice to stay in Dambulla, owner is very friendly and helpful ,also his families. you won't disappointed if you come here.

Room Tip: Rooms not many , very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank he m
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed for two nights here with a friend and had a great time. All the staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble.

The rooms were large, nicely decorated and clean with good bathrooms too!

The owner is Sri Lankan/Australian so knows what guests expect and gave us honest, unbiased advice about tourist attractions and transport. When we struggled to sort out a car to Negombo he even drove us himself despite it being about a 10 hour round trip!

On top of everything else you wake up to breakfast on the veranda served by the friendly staff - a perfect start to the day!

Overall great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank jbm99
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed with my partner at Sundaras resort for 2 nights this April- We felt at home straight away. The rooms were very comfortable and new! I highly recommend Sundaras Hotel to anyone travelling to the Dambulla & Sigiriya area as it really did make our trip.
All the other travellers were very friendly and the hotel had a very calm and cool vibe! The owner Damien was very helpful with all of our travel needs- trips to the temples, sigiriya rock and our onward journey to Trincomalee. Thanks to all the staff for making our brilliant holiday in Sri Lanka even more special!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma D
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here after visiting the amazing temple mountain of Sigiriya - caught a local bus there from Dambulla bus station. The Sundaras Resort is within five minutes walk of the famous cave temples for which you should allow ninety minutes visiting time.

The Sundaras is clean with spacious rooms. Some have terraces with outdoor seating but my room had a tiny garden courtyard with no outdoor seating. Still it was fine though in my view a little overpriced for Sri Lanka. I wondered why the establishment was called a "resort" as there is no swimming pool or other extra facilities. Why not just call it a hotel?

Some confusion about curfew time for guests (9.30pm?) but on the night I was there the owner was making a late night visit to Colombo Airport so the question of a curfew didn't kick in. The staff at Sundaras seemed pleasant and helpful and twice I used their tuk tuk service to get into the town centre.

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple of rooms before accepting the room you have been assigned.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Here everything was the best! We traveled across Sri Lanka and I can definitely say that this place was the best! My room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The wifi worked without any problems. It has also very good location - its near to the famous cave temple. Its also a good place to stay if you want to visit Anuradhapura and Sigirija. The food was delicious and the menu quit big so everybody can find something for themselfs. But whats the best about the hotel is the staff. They will give you every information that you need. You want to exchange money - no problem. They called the bank to get the information if its open. They can take care about your transport. One staff member can even flight a balloon! They are all very nice and they can speak english. We were lucky because our tuk tuk driver brought us there. We were traveling with buses and trains so we were very tired and we could finally have rest there. The best advertisement for the hotel were guest from all over the world. When I was there Chinese peope came there becouse another guests from this hotel recomendet it. There were also peope from Saudi Arabia and Austria. The atmosphere in the hotel was so good that we were all connect with each other and exchanging our experience relaxing in the garden. If I had to choos one place where I would like to come back in Sri Lanka Sundaras Resort would be this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends