“Pathetic”
Review of Hotel Randiya

Hotel Randiya
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Anuradhapura
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was there just for one night, first of all I felt like I am in prison. Rooms were very dark with low voltage CFL bulbs, water pressure was so bad. Water draining in the bathroom was a mess. 10.30am checkout time was not acceptable. I wanted to have a drink with my friends and even before serving they told that we have stop our drink by 10pm, that was communicated in a very rude manner. Prices was almost par with other places in Anuradhapura city. I personally do not recommend this place, there are more guest friendly places in Anuradhapura.only positive I saw was the tasty breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Vidura L
There are newer reviews for Hotel Randiya

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great time there! Excellent management and staff. They were very friendly. Really clean place with a pleasant environment. Food was delicious, they even prepared us BBQ... It was really good for the budget...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Janindu J
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I was there for one night during a short family visit to Anuradhapura . It is conveniently located near the city and provided very good value for money . It has all types of basic amnesties such as hot water , AC with a comfortable bed. However, the rooms are smaller and old . Hence if your expecting luxury this is not the place. However, the deluxe rooms are in excellent conditions and only 7 usd more ( under priced ) hence I do recommend deluxe rooms for comfort. They do have a restaurant and had a excellent breakfast. I will definitely select this place and a deluxe room in my next visit to Anuradhapura .

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank mahesh9910
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been stayed in this hotel 3-4 times. I must say that this is the best Budget hotel in Anuradhapura according to my experience. The hotel staff is very kind and helpful. Also it is very near to Sri maha Bodhiya and Ruwanwali maha saya from this hotel.

Rooms are small but nicely maintained. Food is quite good. from my own experience, the Western style breakfast is better than the Sri Lankan style breakfast here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kasun W
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff here was very attentive, but the rooms were dark, and the mosquito nets had holes in them. We had two rooms for our family, and the triple had bedbugs, so I had quite an itchy next few days.

Room Tip: Bring bobby pins or safety pins for holey mosquito nets; upstairs triple (I forget the room number...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elspeth2013
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed two nights at the end of July, after reading reviews. Staff very welcoming and helpful throughout. They arranged bikes for us to explore the ancient city (we travelled without a driver and guide). We booked half board and actually ended up eating lunch there on both days. A little bit out of town but three-wheelers - or bikes! - are readily available. The lake is a short stroll or cycle if you still have energy after the day of sightseeing. When leaving, a three-wheeler driver drove us literally to the door of the bus for Dambulla.
I'd recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Pleasent staff. clean rooms. Stayed at ground floor rooms 101-103. Poorly lit and no ventilation. Toilets are not well designed. Food average very spicy. Location is good there are plenty of tuk tuks to get a ride a the town. Check in and check out fast.

Room Tip: Take upstaires ones
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends