“"The" restaurant?”

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Subotica
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I got the feeling that this was "the" restaurant of Subotica. We didn't find many others around, but this one was crowded, nice, spacious and with good food. So it seems to me quite of "unavoidable" if you ever show up in Subotica

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My second visit here, on this occasion I really felt short changed. Service was abrupt, the waiter could see I spoke no Serbian but seemed to have a problem despite ordering off an English menu which he fully understood. Starter was fine, main course of stir fried vegetables was largely tasteless. The rice that came with it was barely warm. But on settling up I gave the waiter 1,000 dinar for a bill just under 800 dinar. And I got no change back. I don't object to giving a tip, the guy who served me gave me a blank look then walked off when I queried with it. To be honest it wasn't worth quibbling about, but if ever I pass through Subotica again I'll go somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

After a slow, hot, and much-delayed rail journey from Novi Sad, we were faint for lack of nourishment, rather frayed around the edges, and not in the mood to search too long for somewhere to eat. We ask both the hotel receptionist and a taxi driver where they would recommend, and they both suggested the place called 'Boss'.
The restaurant seems to be part of whole complex of bars and eateries in the town centre, not far from the railway station. It features both an indoor 'conservatory-style' seating area and a large, shaded (well it was night time, but it looked 'shaded') courtyard. There was a huge selection of food on the menu, in fact 'something for everyone', and very good value too. The five of us ordered a wide variety of dishes for main course and desert, and we were all quite happy. Beer and house wine by the glass is very cheap, but bottles picked from the wine list are rather more expensive. Service was speedy and friendly, and the menus included an English translation, a language that the staff were largely able to speak as well.
We never saw the rest of Subotica, but based on our experience of this restaurant alone, we will surely be back...

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am a native of Subotica that lived abroad, but returned to Subotica to live a couple of years ago. I started going to Boss restaurant over 10 years ago, each and every time I'd visit Subotica.

I have nothing but great things to say, this is a restaurant that continues to grow and evolve as time goes by. The owner is a highly respected business man in the city; whom has traveled the world and his experience with other cultures shows through the versatile menu and in the atmosphere within the establishment.

Boss is made up of two parts, the Boss Pizzera (which is in the basement) and across the street, which is the Cafe part - each has their own unique ambiance.

I'm an IT professional, and internet connectivity is very important to me to stay connected to my businesses. Boss offers high speed WiFI absolutely free of charge, and it is FAST.

Their menu has something for everyone, be sure to check their website for the latest. I personally love the Chinese food, something we order it often [from boss]. The cost for two people to have a meal is usually around 1600-2000 dinars with drinks. Which is around $20-25 dollars only. Great value most definitely.

They deliver fee of charge within Subotica city limits, but if you live outside (lets say by lake Palic, then the cost of delivery is 200-300 dinars).

My only wish / tip on how they could improve would be for restaurant Boss to introduce Japanese cuisine into their menu; then they'd be beyond perfect in my books. A little Sushi like California Rolls, Tuna Maki, Spicy Tuna, Chicken Teriyaki, Tempura, etc would be nice.

1  Thank Atila O
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After a walk in Subotica, you have to eat and rink here!!!! Fresh juices are tasty and the food and its quality and quantity unforgetable!

2  Thank Mahulena