All reviews historical center great location old town light sleeper nice restaurant enjoyed my stay hotel is located country middle heart bridge fortress travelers
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2018

The hotel is located in the very heart of the town. It's enough to leave your room and you are in the middle of whatever action Prizren has to offer!
The room we got was on the 5th floor, with a small balcony, offering amazing views over the town and Kalaja Fortress. If you are a light sleeper, you're in for an early wake up, as the closest mosque is indeed very close :) The room itself was small, but comfortable, with a big bed and reliable wifi. It was clean and nicely maintained.
The breakfast was really nice, with a decent selection of breads, rolls, crepes, donuts, cheese and cold cuts, eggs, veggies. I really wouldn't wish for anhything else.
I highly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Theranda and recomment it to anyone visiting Prizren!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladystarrrdust
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I have read some reviews here of the Hotel Theranda which were not so good but I also read that the hotel cleaned up their act and is now much improved so I decided to stay here. I did not stay in the economy room so I can't say anything about it. The room I stayed in was great. Absolutely lovely. Eagle's-eye view over the old town. The service was excellent, and the breakfast was good too. I was so surprised that I asked the manager about the bad reviews and how I got such a different experience. She acknowledged there have been issues in the past but they have listened to the advice of travellers and significantly improved the hotel. Well, that improvement was visible. I really enjoyed my stay and can highly recommend the Hotel Theranda. Prizren is a must do in Kosovo! Absolutely a delightful country with lovely people!!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view over the old part of the city
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank hk-trekker
Reviewed June 4, 2018

The hotel was nice enough and the staff were quite friendly. The car attendant was very helpful. Room comfortable. Breakfast was quite good. Plenty of restaurants within easy walking and the town itself is interesting.

Room tip: I had a top floor room with slanting ceiling - but quite liked it!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MetalTiger
Reviewed September 15, 2017

The hotel is located right in the center of the city very close to shopping and restaurants. It took two tries to get a clean room--glasses in the bathroom were filmy with prior guests' toothbrushing rinse. (ACK) and the front desk personnel was somewhat indifferent to the problem but eventually, we did get an acceptable room. That is until we turned on the shower to find no hot water. We could see the Prizren Fortress from our room, which we did go climb and saw the old church along the way. Had one of our party not been feeling unwell we would have pushed on and found something else. Apathetic staff and cold showers are not for me.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel on booking.com and it seemed it was a nice hotel. The moment we entered the roome I realised the room was small and my head could touch the roof. This wasnt the worst thing. It was filthy and the sheets were dirty with blood. The floor was dirty and the bathroom was dirty too. The hotel hall was dirty. I can only say it was the dirtiest place ive ever been. The hotel personel was rude. We coulndt sleep there with all that dirt and when we asked for our money back(40€) they told us it wasnt possible. Anyway they detained us 8€ for the taxation becouse we paid before we could see the room. 40 € in that hotel is too much. Belive me: dont go there. It stinks. The only good thing is that is near the center but is better to sleep outside than in that hotel

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple