“Great room - like a hotel!”
Review of City Hostel

and 1 more site!
City Hostel
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked a private room and it was so good for a hotel. En suite, flat screen television, bar fridge! Like a hotel except it was 14 euro a night per person!

Breakfast was good - bread, salami, cheese and spreads with bread.

Close to everything important in Prizren.

Room Tip: Private room is definitely worth the extra money...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller755953

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were not expecting more than a hostel. It was ok for its price. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms and furniture were old. The hostel is in a central location. We stayed in a four bed room, we were the only one in the room. We met with other travelers during our one nite stay and had warm conversations. The main entrance is also the breakfast room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Galdin was very helpful from the second of arrival. I was there while some other guests were checking in and he made us all a hot drink. He also give us useful advice on places to go and what to see in Prizren.

The hostel was spotless and had good facilities. I was glad of the hot shower after my long journey from Montenegro.

The shops and all places of interest are located close to the hostel. The bus station is about 10 minutes walk away. The Viva supermarket is good for stocking up on snacks. The entrance is a bit confusing though as you have to walk through another shop to get to the stairs down to the supermarket.

Be warned though the the bus to Tirana leaves from the main road outside the bus station. Just to the left of the entrance to the bus station where the kiosk and taxis are located. I though the taxi drivers were winding me up, but they were actually being truthful which makes a change compared to many places I have been to.

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone going to Prizren.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank thejournalist
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked two nights at the City Hostel before arriving, and with the help of a map from the internet, we walked from the bus station, having travelled down from our home in Mitrovica, via Pristina. The buses are regular and comfortable as well as very cheap, just 4 euros from Pristina to Prizren. We found the hostel easily, as Prizren is a town which has many distinguishing features, but particularly the river at runs through it. The hostel is quite small, and has a cosy reception area with a desk which doubles as a bar. It also had a few tables at which one can enjoy a breakfast included in the price. OK, the breakfast isn't exactly overwhelming, but it's a start to the day. We were upgraded to an en suite room at no extra charge, which was fine by us. Small room but perfectly adequate, and for 25 euros per night (plus city tax) it was fine, and had a superb view of the fort on the hill. Free wifi, TV, desk, chairs, wardrobes (but no hangers), three beds, and a heater which only worked during specific hours, but they did put it on when we asked, as it was quite cold on our second evening. The hostel is a few minutes walk away from the centre, and although there is more traffic than we'd like passing along the narrow streets, especially if it's raining, we enjoyed exploring the different routes from the hostel to the cobbled streets of the centre. All in all, a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarumanthewhite
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ended up staying three nights here and as far as hostels go it is really good. We've stayed in a lot worse and paid more for the pleasure. We stayed in a four bed dorm, but were the only ones in it. It was a small room and with four people it would have been cosy for sure, but at the price we wouldn't have complained either way. The bathroom was clean and had good hot water. The staff were great and helped us sort out the best route into northern Albania. No complaints from us at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BecsNZ972
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I nearly didn't stop at Prizren but decided to break up my trip from Pristina to Tirana. I'm really glad I did. Prizren is really nice and the City Hostel is a great place. Straight away I was made welcome by Galdim. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms. It's easy to find and near to all the attractions. There is a nice breakfast too. I would definitely recommend this place if stopping in Prizren.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dorsetbruce
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was one of the best and most affordable hostels I stayed at during my tour of the Western Balkins. Galdim is very friendly and helpful and does a wonderful job running the hostel. It's clean, fun, friendly, and centrally located. If I come back to Prizren, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends